Windows 10: Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive

Discus and support Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, After updating windows, Windows defender is showing a yellow alert on virus and threat protection. Further investigation shows me it wants to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Groggubus, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Groggubus Win User

Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive

Hi,

After updating windows, Windows defender is showing a yellow alert on virus and threat protection. Further investigation shows me it wants to setup onedrive for ransomeware protection.

After initiating the process and trying to sign in, i get an error that "you're already syncing a personal onedrive account" on the pc, and that i should unlink that account first. Obviously I AM already using a one drive account, and everytime i try and configure the ransomeware protection version it opens a 2nd copy of onedrive in the system tray.
    Why cant windows defender use the already configured onedrive account on the system?
    what is the fix for this problem?

Screenshot attached.

:)

Groggubus, Oct 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive - Similar Threads - Onedrive Ransomware Protection

2. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  3. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  4. Ransomware OneDrive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware OneDrive.: All my OneDrive files are encrypted by a ransomware attack. What can I do to get them back?Moved from: [PT-BR] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-onedrive/9e01a534-fa45-4e8f-81d7-2af5dc00789a
  5. ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive: I get the gray x on many folders that don't open. I have a feeling it's because I can't get rid of the onedrive problem. Always says "set up onedrive" which I already am setup and signed in Then says "you are already syncing a onedrive" and can't go any further. Thanks....
  6. Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is OneDrive a ransomware product?: Hi all, I am incredibly frustrated with OneDrive and Microsoft for asking me if I want to connect to OneDrive, which seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did it, and now I don't have access to my own document management. I know MS wants me to purchase more space on...
  7. OneDrive Copies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Copies: Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and...
  8. Ransomware protection without Onedrive?

Ransomware protection without Onedrive?: What if you dont have a OneDrive attached? how does Ransomware protect and recreate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection-without-onedrive/98eb7df4-ad53-4ebb-9846-f593344a82d0
  9. Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection: If you want an additional layer of protection from ransomware, try saving your files in OneDrive. It’s part of the new experiences that arrived with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Here’s how it works: If a ransomware threat is found on a device, Windows Defender will...
  10. OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection: At the beginning of April, OneDrive announced new protection capabilities that offer Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers additional peace of mind including the ability to recover files from malicious attacks like ransomware and new tools to help keep your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ransomware protection you already syncing this account

2. ransomware protection using a different one drive account

3. second copy ransomware