Windows 10: OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

Discus and support OneDrive reducing to free storage limit. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StephenfromChch, Sep 2, 2022.

1. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I tried to log in the screen went blank. I'd like to use it still in its free limit.I got an email saying that I'm over the storage limit, and currently OD is delinked from my desktop, and I guess I should try to delete the files in it so that it meets the 5 GB limit, but how to do that?Thanks.

:)

StephenfromChch, Sep 2, 2022
  2. EdwardLee Win User

OneDrive storage limit questions

I am suddenly receiving a message that I have exceeded my OneDrive storage limit. My current plan shows as 15 GB, and my storage shows 49.2 GB used of 30 GB. Two questions...

1. Why am I getting this warning all of a sudden? I have not added any new files to my OneDrive, so I've almost certainly been over the 30GB limit for a long time. So, why now?

2. The only option I can find to add more storage is $1.99/month for 50 GB. I am obviously going to need more than 50 GB. Is 50 GB the maximum storage I can get?

Thanks!

EdwardLee, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits

Read more: Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 2, 2022
  4. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

1. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit. - Similar Threads - OneDrive reducing free

2. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  3. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  4. How to Free up, Reduce or Limit RAM usage in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Free up, Reduce or Limit RAM usage in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You may notice your Windows 11 system is taking a performance hit which could potentially lead to a crash, freezing or not responding issues – this is primarily due to the computer keeps running high on memory usage in some cases. In this post, we will offer ways PC...
  5. OneDrive over storage limit message

OneDrive over storage limit message: Hello,I'm getting a OneDrive message that I'm over my storage limit of 5 GB however I'm only using 3.08 GB. A few weeks ago I archived quite a few files to my external HDD when my use exceeded 5 GB. How do I resolve the OneDrive message? Thanks,Monty...
  6. OneDrive over storage limit message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive over storage limit message: Hello,I'm getting a OneDrive message that I'm over my storage limit of 5 GB however I'm only using 3.08 GB. A few weeks ago I archived quite a few files to my external HDD when my use exceeded 5 GB. How do I resolve the OneDrive message? Thanks,Monty...
  7. OneDrive over storage limit message

8. Effective Onedrive free storage space

Effective Onedrive free storage space: I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space. For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a "File History" for that file. Also, if a file is deleted, it will go to the "Recycle bin" My question is that would the...
  9. OneDrive storage limit questions

OneDrive storage limit questions: I am suddenly receiving a message that I have exceeded my OneDrive storage limit. My current plan shows as 15 GB, and my storage shows 49.2 GB used of 30 GB. Two questions... 1. Why am I getting this warning all of a sudden? I have not added any new files to my OneDrive, so...
  10. Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.

Free up storage space does not reduce the storage used for photos application.: I've selected free up storage space for all of my files on the One Drive application but have run out of room on my SSD as a result of photos stored in the photos application. I appreciate advice on how to minimize the storage size required on my SSD for the Microsoft...