Windows 10: OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

Discus and support OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnyGui, Aug 14, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

Hello,

I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive account.

I have sent my referral link to a friend and she made a new OneDrive account through that link but we both haven't received that extra storage.

How come?

:)

JohnnyGui, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Marian_O Win User

Can't access extra storage purchased in OneDrive

I purchased extra storage for my OneDrive account but my computer can't access it. My computer is showing only the original 5gb of free storage and states that this is full. My OneDrive account shows 50gb storage (this is what I purchased). Do I need to
    activate the upgraded storage in some way?

Thanks

Marian_O, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365 Office

Here you all go: Give us back our storage – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? :(

Frick, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? - Similar Threads - OneDrive referral link

2. OneDrive Referral not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Referral not working: I wanted to refer my friend to OneDrive but the link didn't generate for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-referral-not-working/3abcfe99-6cba-4db1-b7a6-f93e16a7976c
  3. OneDrive Referral not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Referral not working: I wanted to refer my friend to OneDrive but the link didn't generate for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-referral-not-working/3abcfe99-6cba-4db1-b7a6-f93e16a7976c
  4. OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  5. OneDrive storage

OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  6. I cant get the referral link for Microsoft rewards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant get the referral link for Microsoft rewards: it says we have it a snag here I cant get the referral link for Microsoft rewards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-referral-link-for-microsoft-rewards/67288420-029e-47d4-986e-60d17acfb4e6
  7. extra storage?

extra storage?: I have the acer nitro 5 laptop and I could of sworn it said 1TB. But, upon looking again, it says 256GB. I have only three games installed Sims 4, and Bioshock 1 and 3 and don't have enough room to install anything else. Can I buy more storage? When I bought it, It came with...
  8. Onedrive storage

Onedrive storage: Hi I have 4 x hardrives on my PC a 250 GB ssd C drive for OS and programmes, 1tb HHD D drive for documents, 2Tb SSD E drive for pictures and videos and 2Tb HHD F drive for backups. I have just setup Onedrive to backup my desktop, documents and pictures using F drive but now...
  9. onedrive storage.

onedrive storage.: hello, I was wondering if it is possible to save/download or import games to the one drive on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/66222e50-7c22-486b-b785-eb972a4dd9b4"
  10. Extra storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra storage: I want to add extra storage to my Surface Pro 3. I have 128gb on my HDD and would like to add at least another 64gb. Would I be better with an SD card or Flash Drive? 20809

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive referral bonus

2. one drive referral bonus 2020 no longer works

3. onedrive bonus space