Windows 10: OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

Discus and support OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnyGui, Aug 14, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage?

Hello,

I understand that if someone makes a OneDrive account through a referral link, you'd both receive 500mb extra storage for your OneDrive account.

I have sent my referral link to a friend and she made a new OneDrive account through that link but we both haven't received that extra storage.

How come?

:)

JohnnyGui, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Marian_O Win User

Can't access extra storage purchased in OneDrive

I purchased extra storage for my OneDrive account but my computer can't access it. My computer is showing only the original 5gb of free storage and states that this is full. My OneDrive account shows 50gb storage (this is what I purchased). Do I need to
    activate the upgraded storage in some way?

Thanks

Marian_O, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    MS Downgrades free Onedrive storage, ends unlimited for Office 365 Office

Here you all go: Give us back our storage – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Cliff S, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? :(

Frick, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive referral link not giving extra storage? - Similar Threads - OneDrive referral link

2. Onedrive share link isn't opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive share link isn't opening: Hey, Recently, I was not being able to shares my images with clients. Whenever my clients click the share links, it keeps showing "1drv.ms’s server IP address could not be found.". I believe there's an error/bugs with my Onedrive share links, it was working perfectly fine...
  3. OneDrive Storage on MicroSD Card (Dell Tablet)

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Storage on MicroSD Card (Dell Tablet): Hey guys, This is a strange problem that only seems to happen on Windows 10. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, which shipped with Windows 8 (it may have been 8.1, can't remember) Well, the problem with it is that it only has a 32GB on-board flash memory. After the OS and drivers...
  4. Extra storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra storage: I want to add extra storage to my Surface Pro 3. I have 128gb on my HDD and would like to add at least another 64gb. Would I be better with an SD card or Flash Drive? 20809
  5. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?: Hi I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive. 3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits. This storage space has about 1.47Gb of data leaving some 1.24Gb free. Storage Space Static is telling me my disks are 88%...
  6. OneDrive link bug

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive link bug: I use the OneDrive share link feature to share my photos; it is a great feature. However it has a bug. I recently shared links to two sets of files. One worked for the receivers. The other did not and reported empty file. I deleted the folder, set it up again with the same...
  7. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873
  8. OneDrive offline storage?

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive offline storage?: I had my systems set up to store a copy of the stuff I had on OneDrive on the local PC's under Windows 8.1. Since I upgrade to W10 that option has disappeared? Am I missing something? I have Googled and Binged and can't find anything specific to W10 and the W8 explanation...
  9. Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link or Unlink OneDrive in Windows 10: First of all,*Thumbs I'm in the process of re/ organizing OneDrive on my laptop, VM, and desktop(moved from C: drive 512GB SSD to a partition on my 2TB spinner(until I get a 2TB EVO SSD)). [img] To find the tutorial(I saw it when you first published it and forgot the...
  10. How to check storage space in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check storage space in OneDrive: While searching online, I haven't found a way to check on available storage in OneDrive. I have Build 9926, it is installed on my system, but I don't see how to check on available storage and how to buy more. The explanations I see online pertain all to Windows 8/8.1. But PC...