Windows 10: Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday

Discus and support Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two desktops, a 2008 Windows 7 and a 2019 Windows 10. I logged into OneDrive on the older computer and set it up there, so that I can share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frankgaipa, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday

I have two desktops, a 2008 Windows 7 and a 2019 Windows 10. I logged into OneDrive on the older computer and set it up there, so that I can share between the two until the old one fails for good.

The problem is this: Every morning after shutting down the Windows 7 desktop and sleeping the Windows 10, OneDrive makes me log in again on both computers. I enter my correct password. Absolutely--NO typos, NO caps lock error, etc., absolutely the correct password. OneDrive refuses the correct password. Same password for both desktops. When I finally get into OneDrive one, I'm onto it on the other.

So I do the reset thing--they email me a seven digit number, I reset the password. When I do this, I first try the refused correct password. It says, NO, you've already used that password. So it did recognize the password, just thought it was old even though it should have been current.

How can I stop this behavior? The failure is costing me at least fifteen minutes everyday.

Possibly related info:

The Windows 10 Credentials Manager shows one OneDrive Credential with a User Name that looks encrypted (it's actually my email address) and the password hidden (dots). It always, even before I fail to log into OneDrive, says "Modified Today".

It also shows one MicrosoftAccountuser=[my email address]. For User name it lists my correct email address, and the password is hidden (dots).

Coincident with the OneDrive password behavior, every time I log into this forum, Microsoft refuses my correct password, even one day old. Same routine, I reset, etc. This one, too, even before I fail and reset, always says "Modified today". I fully expect that when I first try to post this problem, the forum will refuse my yesterday's correct password and force me to reset it.

So again and finally, how can I stop these behaviors?

Thanks,

fg

:)

frankgaipa, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Correct password is ‘incorrect’

Hello Amy,

In line with your concern, I would suggest to try using all the passwords you've used in the past and check if it lets you proceed starting in Safe Mode. Also, to better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message that you're getting when you've experienced the blue screen error?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday

Recovery of onedrive user id and password.

This will be the same email address and password combination that you use for your Microsoft Account.

Depending on whether your phone is on WP8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile, the exact steps might be slightly different.

Go to Settings, and then go to Email and Accounts. Whatever is listed first as your Microsoft Account is the email address you want to use for your OneDrive (in most cases).

If you can't remember the password for your Microsoft Account, from the web you can go the steps for "I forgot my password" on any Microsoft log in page. If you need help with this, ask below and someone can walk you through it.

Joel in Vic, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday

1. Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday - Similar Threads - Onedrive Refusing Correct

2. OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly: A couple of weeks ago, OneDrive worked fine for me. Auto-save worked great for all new files, and the subfolders I had set up didnt' seem to confuse the software. Now, suddenly, it's a complete mess. I save PPT and Word docs into folders on OneDrive and Autosave isn't enabled...
  3. OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly: A couple of weeks ago, OneDrive worked fine for me. Auto-save worked great for all new files, and the subfolders I had set up didnt' seem to confuse the software. Now, suddenly, it's a complete mess. I save PPT and Word docs into folders on OneDrive and Autosave isn't enabled...
  4. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  5. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?: So I've been getting BSODs for 10 hours now. My next step is to try using recovery/repair tools like startup repair.It asks for the password to my microsoft account, but doesn't accept it. I've reset it twice now, and tried using the new password, but it doesn't accept it.The...
  6. Why is startup repair refusing my correct password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday

Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday: Onedrive Refusing Correct Password Everyday I have one desktops, Windows 2019 Windows 10.Everytime or everyday when I logged into OneDrive it's refuse my correct password. I reset and again. I enter my correct password. Absolutely--NO typos, NO caps lock error, etc.,...
  8. Onedrive not working correctly

Onedrive not working correctly: Screenshots not working, most icons of jpg's don't show the picture - only the PSP , windows or whatever logo When double-tapped just get a blank window instead of it being opened by PSP my designated graphics program Never had this until recent new Win 10 installation on...
  9. OneDrive not synced correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not synced correctly: I now have 2 documents/pictures folders (C:/[user]/OneDrive/Documents and C:/[user]/Documents) but they're not the "same" folder. I thought the idea was after installing OneDrive it would just be a back-up program, but turns out it's its own folder where stuff actually gets...
  10. Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter Network Credentials Refuses Correct Home Network Password: As of this week I have two desktop computers on my home network, one a 10-year-old Windows 7 with a 2-year-old SSD HD, the other a new Windows 10 model. Every time I attempt to save or open anything cross network from one computer to the other, or access the other computer's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive wont expect correct user name and password

2. onedrive office the password is not correct