Windows 10: OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

Discus and support OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have uninstalled OneDrive but find that the OneDrive folder / directory remains, under which there is the default folders for music, documents and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenAustinHK, Oct 21, 2020.

1. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

I have uninstalled OneDrive but find that the OneDrive folder / directory remains, under which there is the default folders for music, documents and pictures. I would like to ask if it is possible to remove the OneDrive folder completely, and if so what happens to all those folders for music etc. below it?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

StephenAustinHK, Oct 21, 2020

2. removing onedrive from default file/folder location .

1. Click the OneDrive icon in your System Tray.
    2. Click the 'More' ellipsis at the bottom, then select 'Settings'
    3. Click the 'Auto Save' tab, then the 'Update Folders' button
    4. Turn off protection for all folders

This should restore the folders to their default location under your Profile folder. If not, use the 'Retore Default' button found on the
    Location tab of each folder's Properties dialog.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 21, 2020
  4. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem

1. OneDrive Removal - Default Folders Problem - Similar Threads - OneDrive Removal Default

2. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  3. ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER: Onedrive is currently being stored on my C drive I'd like to move the folder to a different partition or secondary internal drive. Is there a way to just the files stored in the cloud and not on my desktop? I have 5tb and it makes no sense to have it taking up space on my...
  4. ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER: Onedrive is currently being stored on my C drive I'd like to move the folder to a different partition or secondary internal drive. Is there a way to just the files stored in the cloud and not on my desktop? I have 5tb and it makes no sense to have it taking up space on my...
  5. ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  7. OneDrive folder problem

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder problem: I use Windows 10 20H2 and want to get rid of OneDrive, I uninstalled the app but I still have a onedrive folder where all my desktop and other files are located. I want to remove the OneDrive folder and get my computer back to where it was before I tried OneDrive. I tried the...
  8. OneDrive removes my folders!!

OneDrive removes my folders!!: Hi; I noticed that Onedrive on Win 10 sync all my Desktop and Documents. So I go to setting and remove those folders from syncing, but both of them gone, they are available just online, if I restore them there was a red cross on OneDrive that there were files do not sync....
  9. Removing OneDrive as the default file/folder location

Removing OneDrive as the default file/folder location: I want my documents, etc. to be saved to my Documents folder on my PC. I just installed Windows 10 on a new PC and I guess I picked the option to have OneDrive manage my documents and sync them. I have WAY too many documents for that to be financially practical. I have...
  10. Unable to remove the onedrive folder

Unable to remove the onedrive folder: Hello, I have an issue. In windows explorer there's still an ondrive folder in side panel after removing onedrive from my microsoft account about year ago. I tried to make it hidden, but nothing works, because it always says that the folder doesn't exist. Any help would be...