Windows 10: OneDrive Restore

Discus and support OneDrive Restore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by donaldkaplan, Mar 22, 2022.

1. OneDrive Restore

This is a hypothetical question. Assume I have been using OneDrive to backup Documents folder, Photos, and Desktop folder. I have been making a full image backup of my computer drives using a different program Acronis backup. I have to restore the full image backup to my computer. Now my computer drives have OLD data since the full image backup was made many days previous to the last time OneDrive backed up data to the cloud. After the full image backup is restored with its old data, the OneDrive data will be overwritten with the restored old data from the full image backup. How do I

:)

donaldkaplan, Mar 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 22, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

OneDrive Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 22, 2022
  4. OneDrive Restore

Cannot Restore OneDrive

Hi again Deborah -

System Restore does not restore files, everything except files.

What Restore are you running from OneDrive. Can you give me it's path. I am not aware of any file restore options for OneDrive except from Recycle Bin.

If you have Office 365 then there are these additional Options in OneDrive for Business:

How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from OneDrive for Business.

Is this the Recovery you're attempting?

If you're following the steps exactly and it still fails then I would restart the PC. If that fails then Reset OneDrive: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-onedrive-in-windows-10

Keep me posted

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive Restore

1. OneDrive Restore - Similar Threads - OneDrive Restore

2. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  3. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...: My Onedrive is displaying a version of a file last updated in July of 2023 even though I updated the file as recently as Friday April 12th, 2024 I can see there was a version saved on the 12th in version history but Restore says there are no previous versions available.....
  4. Onedrive says there are no previous versions available from which to restore although I can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?: So what happened was the OneDrive Documents shown in grey was accidentally relocated to the Desktop OneDrive. The documents folder was restored to the default location, not the OneDrive. All files in in a folder were deleted. Anything in a folder remained in another folder on...
  6. How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?

How to restore Onedrive format and Documents on File Explorer?: So what happened was the OneDrive Documents shown in grey was accidentally relocated to the Desktop OneDrive. The documents folder was restored to the default location, not the OneDrive. All files in in a folder were deleted. Anything in a folder remained in another folder on...
  7. How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?: Accidentally activated OneDrive, but I want no part of it. How do I undo this and move all my files back to where they originally were? I;ve tried this: "1. Right click on the OneDrive cloud icon on the lower right on your taskbar to go to Settings.2. On the "Sync and Backup"...
  8. How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?

How do I restore all of my files to my Windows 11 pc from onedrive?: Accidentally activated OneDrive, but I want no part of it. How do I undo this and move all my files back to where they originally were? I;ve tried this: "1. Right click on the OneDrive cloud icon on the lower right on your taskbar to go to Settings.2. On the "Sync and Backup"...
  9. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  10. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80