Windows 10: Onedrive saving data without consent

Discus and support Onedrive saving data without consent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blue Spider, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Onedrive saving data without consent

Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work when needed.I managed to delete all my personal files from onedrive and after a lot of reading managed to alter the registry to locate the "My Documents" folder to the one on my PC rather than the onedrive account.For some reason it has now reverted to using a onedrive documents folder and has saved all of my information to

:)

Blue Spider, Jan 16, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Onedrive saving data without consent

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Onedrive saving data without consent

1. Onedrive saving data without consent - Similar Threads - Onedrive saving data

2. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...
  3. RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RANT: OneDrive enabled without consent: /rant ONWhy the hell did I find OneDrive enabled and syncing my desktop & documents folder without my consent?And why for the love of everything removing those 2 folders from the synched folders deleted all of my desktop stuff?Please, stop harassing users with this kind of...
  4. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...: I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can...
  5. Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...

Microsoft is automatically uploading my saved files to onedrive without my consent and I...: I recently discovered that Onedrive is copying all files I save on my devices that are all linked. I have never used OneDrive or downloaded it's app, so I was shocked to know that hundreds of my personal files now exist on Onedrive. I can follow a link to my files. I can...
  6. Onedrive saving data without consent

Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  7. Onedrive saving data without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive saving data without consent: Hi,How can I stop Onedrive from saving my files without my consent?I have tried my best to remove Onedrive access to my windows account but do use it for a separate Student account for college work. The separate onedrive account works and successfully saves my college work...
  8. Full reinstall or reset without saving data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full reinstall or reset without saving data?: My pc has too much trash as of now so I'd like to know which will work best without me wasting time, since I just want a pretty much clean state of my system for it to be fast again submitted by /u/SandeMC [link] [comments]...
  9. OneDrive attempted to sync my entire PC without my consent.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive attempted to sync my entire PC without my consent.: What the title says. Fresh install of Win10 has the thing attempting to sync every single file in my hard drives. There's a 5gb cap, so obviously it's throwing errors like crazy trying to get me to buy the premium version. I know how to unlink my account, but I'd like to...
  10. Without my consent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...