Windows 10: OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored

Discus and support OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Office 365 and mapped OneDrive to a local drive. When I looked in the new mapped drive in File Explorer, all of the folders in the c: drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cathy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. cathy Win User

OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored

I installed Office 365 and mapped OneDrive to a local drive. When I looked in the new mapped drive in File Explorer, all of the folders in the c: drive were listed under it. I did not take a screenshot and hoped that it was a temporary glitch.
    When I look now, neither the local OneDrive nor the mapped OneDrive drive contain files, just the default folders. The folders that I thought I saw under the mapped drive no longer appear.

So, I am surprised to see that File Explorer shows an image of the mapped drive partially full. When I right click on the mapped OneDrive, the properties page says that it contains 235 GB. (I thought that it said 233 before, but I might be wrong about that.)

When I log in directly online and select "what's taking up space," there are just the default folders (including Public) but all of them are empty.
    What could be going on?

:)

cathy, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Phone updates suck storage

Hi Abdias,

Regarding your issue, we suggest you using the
    Onedrive
    app. It is Microsoft's online cloud storage product, that offers users a simple way to store, sync and share all kinds of files, with other people and devices on the Web.

With OneDrive, you can store photos, documents, videos and all file types to the service. Files up to 2 GB in size can be uploaded to OneDrive.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge Favourites Vanished

Have you tried? See what happens if you delete all files in %UserProfile%\OneDrive and whether the cloud retains them and then sends them back to
    %UserProfile%\OneDrive

BeefRWijker, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

By default you have a folder for one drive on the PC which you can save files to that are then uploaded so I don't understand why you have mapped a drive that may be the problem

Samuria, Mar 11, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Check your OneDrive Settings Tab, if Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC is checked (I think it defaults to this) is probably why you're seeing all of your C: drive folders.

My mapped OneDrive just reflects my C: drive usage.

OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored [​IMG]

Eagle51, Mar 11, 2018
  6. cathy Win User
    Thank you for sharing. Not sure if I quite understand what you are saying. Where is the tab you mention?

The only folders in my Z drive now are the default folders and they don't contain anything.

Also, does the little picture of the Z drive in your screenshot reflect what is actually stored in OneDrive online or does it reflect everything stored on your computer? What storage amount appears when you right click on Z?

Thanks for your help.

cathy, Mar 11, 2018
  7. cathy Win User
    It allows me to directly work with what is in the cloud and not worry about syncing. I have seen it suggested elsewhere and have not seen warnings. But I am quite new to OneDrive.

cathy, Mar 11, 2018
  8. Eagle51 Win User

The Settings Tab is in the OneDrive App itself - Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    I guess you got it figured out *Smile
    I only have 1.5GB of stuff stored in OneDrive, so it appears that the mapped OneDrive reflects my C: Drive usage (34GB used)

OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored [​IMG]

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive says 235 GB in cloud but no files stored - Similar Threads - OneDrive says 235

2. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  3. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  4. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  5. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  6. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

7. OneDrive and the Cloud

OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  8. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  9. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  10. OneDrive The cloud file provider is not running

OneDrive The cloud file provider is not running: If I mount a backup file as a drive and I try to copy a file from the user/OneDrive/folder, I get an error message "9/5/2020 7:49:35 PM Unable to copy E:\Users\JG\OneDrive\QBAK\Test 2020-2020-01-22.QDF-backup: The cloud file provider is not running" However, there is...