Windows 10: Onedrive screwed my pc up

Discus and support Onedrive screwed my pc up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scealand__, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Onedrive screwed my pc up

So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert my PC and Laptop desktops to what they were before?

submitted by /u/Scealand__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scealand__, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Setting up onedrive on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) My Documents folder will be there in both PC and in OneDrive folder.

2) As you said that you have made inaccessible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if I helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Are you trying to open the music folder from OneDrive folder or from PC?

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Onedrive screwed my pc up

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive screwed my pc up

1. Onedrive screwed my pc up - Similar Threads - Onedrive screwed

2. Why did OneDrive screw up all of my gaming services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did OneDrive screw up all of my gaming services: My computer told me I had to sign back into my OneDrive today so I did and low and behold I literally have to delete ALL of my games that are on my computers through Epic Games and Steam because I CANNOT PLAY THEM. Everything else works okay, but I hate onedrive I think its a...
  3. Why did OneDrive screw up all of my gaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did OneDrive screw up all of my gaming services: My computer told me I had to sign back into my OneDrive today so I did and low and behold I literally have to delete ALL of my games that are on my computers through Epic Games and Steam because I CANNOT PLAY THEM. Everything else works okay, but I hate onedrive I think its a...
  4. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  5. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  6. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  8. Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got my girlfriend a PC recently, and OneDrive is basically a plague that has screwed many...: Here's the message we're having when trying to open certain things in her explorer window: https://imgur.com/a/cH2CcNT Basically what was happening was OneDrive was going haywire and syncing herstuff from another machine. Every time we would try to install one of her old...
  9. OneDrive uninstalled and now screwing up PC accesses.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive uninstalled and now screwing up PC accesses.: Since I am being charged for Microsoft 365 now, I have uninstalled Office 365 and One Drive since I am just getting" unable to sync" info. Now, I can no longer access my files, documents, music, or photos! it states that there is no OneDrive connected from online and I am no...
  10. OneDrive bringing PC to a crawl. Thinking about making all my stuff local and screw the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive bringing PC to a crawl. Thinking about making all my stuff local and screw the...: After 10+yeras on mac I switched to windows and never looked back. Purchased the O365 subscription and fully jumped into Microsoft ecosystem. Perfect experience for just getting stuff done, and this whole thing, honestly, runs circles around competition. One thing I am not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OneDrive screwed my pc up