Windows 10: Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

Discus and support Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wolvenworks, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick access in my computer is basically permanently broken since i don't know how to make it route to the actual files in my computer instead of a onedrive file that no longer exists. i tried making new pins but they still lead to onedrive "the file no longer exists on the location". this also affects my start menu. eg: right-cl

:)

Wolvenworks, Nov 26, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

1. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu - Similar Threads - Onedrive screwed Quick

2. OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain: windows 11explorer.exethis file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings pageonedrive one drivestarted happening after deleting and...
  3. OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain: windows 11explorer.exethis file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings pageonedrive one drivestarted happening after deleting and...
  4. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  5. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu

Onedrive screwed my Quick Access and Start Menu: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  6. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  7. Quick Access Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  8. Quick Access Menu

Quick Access Menu: The quick access menu is supposed to have headings such as "folders" and "recent files" like in the first image. On my computer, they have disappeared. Hey are nice ease of access things i'd like back...
  9. "Quick Access" menu questions

"Quick Access" menu questions: The quick access folder is a great idea ... to a point ...Just because I am working in or, on a folder doesn't mean I will need to open it again. I am moving music files around and will most likely delete said folder anyway.This isn't happening all the time but, if I have a...
  10. Start Menu is screwed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu is screwed up: [ATTACH] Idk why, but my Start menu just went hapazard. The app placement all went random. Is there a reason for this, or is it just a glitch? https://preview.redd.it/9h1lb59okx761.png?width=431&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d0b46b06d1ee6523ace29339001a738454a7bc9 submitted by...