Windows 10: Onedrive security code

Discus and support Onedrive security code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. For some time now, I'm trying to log into my Onedrive webpage, to delete files, as I am not a fan of this feature. I like my privacy and don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PanKonopka, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Onedrive security code

Hello.

For some time now, I'm trying to log into my Onedrive webpage, to delete files, as I am not a fan of this feature. I like my privacy and don't like the idea of my files uploading to cloud. I don't know how safe it is from hackers, or who is looking at my files. Unfortunately Onedrive uploads whatever it wants, without even asking me for permission. Your two stage verifying system is very annoying. I would expect much simpler solution from such a big company like Microsoft. I am being asked for 4 digit verification code. You have my up to date mobile number it didn't change for 10 years now, but I am not able to receive it. Just waiting and waiting and no code coming via SMS. How can we sort it out, before I loose my mind completely? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot.

:)

PanKonopka, Oct 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 1, 2020
  3. RobJLau Win User
    Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Onedrive security code

Duplicate Security Code Entry

Following a Windows update in the last two weeks, I now have to enter my security code twice to access my computer. How can I adjust this setting to return to the single entry of my security code?

Steps Taken

These are the steps I'm taking to help you understand what I'm referring to...

• Press the Power Button
    • Picture shows up with icon searching for facial recognition - select alternate options
    • Enter security code
    • Returns to original screen with picture and icon searching for facial recognition - I again select alternate sign in options link
    • Enter security code again
    • The start up process begins and I have access to everything

Up until that update from two weeks ago, I only had to enter my security code once to gain access.

Thanks.

Chris

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General]

ChrisD_1_2, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive security code

1. Onedrive security code - Similar Threads - Onedrive security code

2. Onedrive security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive security: I have an onedrive account , I signed in on three computers , but now I want it just on one of them , because the other two computers I can't reach them , how can I remove my account from the other two computers and do not let people who use them to access my account or my...
  3. Onedrive security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive security: I have an onedrive account , I signed in on three computers , but now I want it just on one of them , because the other two computers I can't reach them , how can I remove my account from the other two computers and do not let people who use them to access my account or my...
  4. Onedrive security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OneDrive security

OneDrive security: Can someone please advise me, or direct me to a page, about the security offered by the OneDrive system please. I was recently involved in the Ransomware attack on the QNAP world as I had a TS-251 in my LAN to back up several computers - all has been lost.How does OneDrive...
  6. Security code

Security code: This is really damn sad for Microsoft, You keep nagging me for a code that you never send on cellphone or mail and threaten with closure of account just because I use an VPN and was logged on in Australia so I could see some local shows not allowed elsewhere- Have you not an...
  7. Security Code

Security Code: Why do I receive microsoft messages in Spanish when my region is the UK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code/6064cdb5-8994-42f8-9ffa-a0cfac1438ba"
  8. security code

security code: I am not receiving the security code (windows) on my mobile!!! and at the same time windows is not giving me options other than receiving the code through my mobile number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code/09be9b09-117c-46ba-ae0c-61cfc9ff9a47"
  9. Security code

Security code: The security code I received on my phone contains 6 numbers. Microsoft keeps asking for 7. I tried different downloads but nothing works. How can I get 7 numbers if you only send me 6....
  10. OneDrive security?

OneDrive security?: I've disabled OneDrive and removed its icon from the desktop. I might be inclined to use OneDrive, but I'm leery about its security. It seems that every week now there's a report that yet another website with personal information has been hacked. In the last year, two of my...