Windows 10: OneDrive security

Discus and support OneDrive security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone please advise me, or direct me to a page, about the security offered by the OneDrive system please. I was recently involved in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Philip Gross, Apr 25, 2021.

1. OneDrive security

Can someone please advise me, or direct me to a page, about the security offered by the OneDrive system please. I was recently involved in the Ransomware attack on the QNAP world as I had a TS-251 in my LAN to back up several computers - all has been lost.How does OneDrive protect me from such attacks? Or does it at all?

:)

Philip Gross, Apr 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 25, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Apr 25, 2021
  4. OneDrive security

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive security

1. OneDrive security - Similar Threads - OneDrive security

2. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  3. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  4. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive have SECURITY ISSUE and is not SAFE . MS need to fix this ASAP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive have SECURITY ISSUE and is not SAFE . MS need to fix this ASAP: Hi, Here is the Issue 1. I created MS account and bought Onedrive subcription for 1 TB in LAPTOP 12. I logged into my account from Laptop 1. Moved my data in onedrive. All good until here3. I logged into another Laptop 2 in the microsoft account. Accessed my onedrive via...
  6. OneDrive have SECURITY ISSUE and is not SAFE . MS need to fix this ASAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive have SECURITY ISSUE and is not SAFE . MS need to fix this ASAP: Hi, Here is the Issue 1. I created MS account and bought Onedrive subcription for 1 TB in LAPTOP 12. I logged into my account from Laptop 1. Moved my data in onedrive. All good until here3. I logged into another Laptop 2 in the microsoft account. Accessed my onedrive via...
  7. OneDrive have SECURITY ISSUE and is not SAFE . MS need to fix this ASAP

8. Onedrive security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive security: I have an onedrive account , I signed in on three computers , but now I want it just on one of them , because the other two computers I can't reach them , how can I remove my account from the other two computers and do not let people who use them to access my account or my...
  9. Onedrive security

Onedrive security: I have an onedrive account , I signed in on three computers , but now I want it just on one of them , because the other two computers I can't reach them , how can I remove my account from the other two computers and do not let people who use them to access my account or my...
  10. Onedrive security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security