Windows 10: OneDrive security

Discus and support OneDrive security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone please advise me, or direct me to a page, about the security offered by the OneDrive system please. I was recently involved in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Philip Gross, Apr 25, 2021.

1. OneDrive security

Can someone please advise me, or direct me to a page, about the security offered by the OneDrive system please. I was recently involved in the Ransomware attack on the QNAP world as I had a TS-251 in my LAN to back up several computers - all has been lost.How does OneDrive protect me from such attacks? Or does it at all?

:)

Philip Gross, Apr 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 25, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Apr 25, 2021
  4. OneDrive security

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive security

1. OneDrive security - Similar Threads - OneDrive security

2. Onedrive security code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive security code: Hello. For some time now, I'm trying to log into my Onedrive webpage, to delete files, as I am not a fan of this feature. I like my privacy and don't like the idea of my files uploading to cloud. I don't know how safe it is from hackers, or who is looking at my files....
  3. re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action: What type of lawsuit would be the proper way to correct this issue with my PC? Antitrust or fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-microsoft-advertising-onedrive-in-the-system/4e56e3d2-c3ab-412c-8e90-6d410424a992
  4. OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist

OneDrive fails after using "local security policy" app to create whitelist: I have recently upgraded to Win10 Pro. Thought I would try creating a whitelist environment using the Microsoft "local security policy" app. Pretty much succeeded except now OneDrive will not start. Says blocked by administrator me. Returning all to "unrestricted"...
  5. Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.: Hello. I have no need for one drive. The security center warns me actions are needed and it wants to configure one drive. There is a close or dismiss option but it does not work. Can I stop this warning somehow? submitted by /u/Bananaphonela8pv [link] [comments]...
  6. How do i disable the Windows Security warning to set up OneDrive to make backups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i disable the Windows Security warning to set up OneDrive to make backups.: I don't use OneDrive and don't want to start using it to get rid of this warning. I can find information on how to disable the warning using the Group Policy Editor but i'm on Windows Home so can't do that. submitted by /u/DomeSlave [link] [comments]...
  7. OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?: When unlocking the online version of OneDrive Personal Vault, one may use email and codes. Easier is to use a security key, like Yubikey. For local Personal Vault unlocking, still email + code should be used, the Security Key option is not offered. It seems(!) that the...
  8. Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...

Security Key with OneDrive - Personal Vault Online - fine but ...: when I r-click the OneDrive button in the taskbar and select "Unlock Personal Vault" the security key option regretfully is not offered. Can this be changed somewhere? Vainly searched in the Microsoft Account settings - maybe overlooking something. Thanks! (Windows 10 x64...
  9. Onedrive security settings, is there a way to encrypt one folder or lock it requiring a...

Onedrive security settings, is there a way to encrypt one folder or lock it requiring a...: Just a quick question ion my galaxy s10 I remember that onedrive was going to get the ability to lock folders with private information requiring a fingerprint to access., just curious has that emerged because I have some extremely important info on my onedrive?...
  10. Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up: I have my PC configured to do a nightly backup of my files & folders to a Western Digital External Hard Drive. This is working very well. But in the event I have a fire in the house, and lose the PC, I lose all my personal files. So by backing up my files to OneDrive,...