Windows 10: OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

Discus and support OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This morning my mum seems to have had an update or similar come up related to Onedrive and she hit next without reading what it said. From what I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kimberley-Shirayuki-, Dec 3, 2020.

1. OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

This morning my mum seems to have had an update or similar come up related to Onedrive and she hit next without reading what it said.

From what I can tell this turned on the files on-demand option which I have now turned off.

She uses a desktop version of Outlook which has a rather large .pst data file in her documents. As this is such a large file I am uncertain if onedrive has managed to finish syncing for quite some time now.

After I turned files on-demand off lots of old files appeared on her desktop and it looks like something happened with the Outlook data file in her documents. When she opened outlook alot of the email folders she had made have vanished along with lots of emails as well. Her deleted folder only had items from 2018-19 inside.

I am worried that this files on-demand thing has taken her data file, not uploaded it to onedrive fully/correctly and then replaced it with the old backup from I assume 2018-19. When i right click the data files in her documents the only version history that comes up says 2018

Is there any way to fix this??

:)

Kimberley-Shirayuki-, Dec 3, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Dec 3, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file

1. OneDrive seems to have rewritten outlook data file - Similar Threads - OneDrive seems rewritten

2. outlook and onedrive have been crippled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook and onedrive have been crippled: A few days ago, my HP laptop experienced "Black Screen" big time. I couldn't get to Windows sign in at all. Believe I tried every thing suggested. Eventually I was able to get to HP diagnostic and recovery pages. Eventually I was able to recover Windows although most of data...
  3. outlook and onedrive have been crippled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook and onedrive have been crippled: A few days ago, my HP laptop experienced "Black Screen" big time. I couldn't get to Windows sign in at all. Believe I tried every thing suggested. Eventually I was able to get to HP diagnostic and recovery pages. Eventually I was able to recover Windows although most of data...
  4. outlook and onedrive have been crippled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  6. What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    What is Outlook Data File in Outlook 365: W10 ver, 20H2 I have just switched from Outlook 2010 to 365 and am confused about the appearance of an folder named "Outlook Data File" and "Outook.Pst shown in Outlook. My original three .pst files are still there and Outlook seems to work just fine. Outlook Data File shows...
  7. My outlook data files are corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My outlook data files are corrupt: My outlook data files .pst and .ost are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-data-files-are-corrupt/84df28c2-a40c-4e7d-81d4-cba9416c9b3e
  8. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  9. Microsoft outlook data file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft outlook data file: Hi so i was messing around with the "Outlook Data file.pst" because well i was wondering if it was possible to truly back up all the emails that are in my email. Like attachments and everything. No need to resync and i tried using the export function. It didnt' work out...
  10. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64