Windows 10: OneDrive Selective Sync Error

Discus and support OneDrive Selective Sync Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taward, Jul 30, 2015.

1. taward Win User

OneDrive Selective Sync Error

When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message:

OneDrive Selective Sync Error [​IMG]

I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too.

Any thoughts?

:)

taward, Jul 30, 2015

2. Getting Malare alert from Defender since installing Win10.

I researched some more and found a clue with OneDrive syncing. I had a problem with a directory on my cloud OneDrive which would not sync to my PC.

I de-selected the cloud OneDrive directory to stop syncing to PC and now the problem has gone. This means that the guilty party is in my cloud directory that would not sync.

To de-select any problem folders simply open explorer and locate your Cloud OneDrive. Right click on the folder you want to stop syncing and select

the 'Choose OneDrive folders to sync' option from the menu.

RetiredBushie, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive folder syncing

I upgraded to 10 from 7. No problem, pretty smooth. Then OneDrive said it was inaccessible. No problem, delete the folder and start over the OneDrive process. I only want to sync selected folders. When I start the activation of OneDrive, I select 'Choose
    folders to sync'. That little wheel spins and spins for about 2-3 minutes then fails with an error message (cannot display folders or something like that). Then it says it will continue on (if I hit Next) to sync ALL folders which I can change later in Settings.
    Problem is I don't have enough HD space to do this. How can I get it to actually allow me to select folders to sync before moving forward?

Thanks

Mr Scott Murphy, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive Selective Sync Error

1. OneDrive Selective Sync Error - Similar Threads - OneDrive Selective Sync

2. OneDrive syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive syncing: I actually have a couple issues. My PC has 5 Users and files are stored all over the place. Most will not be on OD, but some will. Should I/Can I consolidate the files into one central location first? Yesterday while setting up OD on my laptop I accidently included my...
  3. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  4. OneDrive sync.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync.: I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something so wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows. After having done this I found I still had the problem. Upon further investigation,...
  5. OneDrive sync false error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync false error message: I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer. In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted form sync. After I setup OneDrive option to sync. the offline storage with online version, and set excepted folders from sync....
  6. Onedrive sync errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive sync errors: I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It...
  7. OneDrive Syncing!

OneDrive Syncing!: Hi everyone, I have accidentally permanently deleted my one drive folder on my laptop, thankfully my one drive syncing client was closed. How do I securely get my files back on my laptop, without messing up my one drive cloud. Please reply ASAP! P.S. I have around 3 GB...
  8. Onedrive sync selection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive sync selection issue: So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not...
  9. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...
  10. Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10: How to: Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you...