Windows 10: OneDrive Selective Sync Error

Discus and support OneDrive Selective Sync Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taward, Jul 30, 2015.

1. taward Win User

OneDrive Selective Sync Error

When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message:

OneDrive Selective Sync Error [​IMG]

I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too.

Any thoughts?

:)

taward, Jul 30, 2015

2. Getting Malare alert from Defender since installing Win10.

I researched some more and found a clue with OneDrive syncing. I had a problem with a directory on my cloud OneDrive which would not sync to my PC.

I de-selected the cloud OneDrive directory to stop syncing to PC and now the problem has gone. This means that the guilty party is in my cloud directory that would not sync.

To de-select any problem folders simply open explorer and locate your Cloud OneDrive. Right click on the folder you want to stop syncing and select

the 'Choose OneDrive folders to sync' option from the menu.

RetiredBushie, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive folder syncing

I upgraded to 10 from 7. No problem, pretty smooth. Then OneDrive said it was inaccessible. No problem, delete the folder and start over the OneDrive process. I only want to sync selected folders. When I start the activation of OneDrive, I select 'Choose
    folders to sync'. That little wheel spins and spins for about 2-3 minutes then fails with an error message (cannot display folders or something like that). Then it says it will continue on (if I hit Next) to sync ALL folders which I can change later in Settings.
    Problem is I don't have enough HD space to do this. How can I get it to actually allow me to select folders to sync before moving forward?

Thanks

Mr Scott Murphy, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive Selective Sync Error

1. OneDrive Selective Sync Error - Similar Threads - OneDrive Selective Sync

2. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  3. OneDrive Syncing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  4. OneDrive Syncing Error

OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  5. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  6. Selecting which OneDrive files to sync

Selecting which OneDrive files to sync: I have OneDrive set to back up most files, I've decided to change a few folders that I don't need backed up to the cloud based on size.My issue is when I unselect them in the onedrive settings, the only option I have is that it deletes my local file and will keep the one...
  7. Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync: I have a new computer, which by default, decided to synch all of my folders 500GB to OneDrive. Quickly OneDrive ran out of space 5GB. So I followed the instructions to decide which folders to synch, and the App told me that no, I cannot do this until ALL the folders had...
  8. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Sync Error: I accidentally moved the shortcut for Chrome from my desktop to OneDrive. I moved it back, but now it gives me a sync error as it doesn't have permission to access Chrome. submitted by /u/oldcaprice [link] [comments]...
  9. Onedrive sync errors

Onedrive sync errors: I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It...
  10. Onedrive sync selection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive sync selection issue: So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not...