Windows 10: OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

Discus and support OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a problem because my files, recently, does not sync automatically in OneDrive. Because, i had other problems, too, i formatted my PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenDimaki, Aug 8, 2019.

1. OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

I had a problem because my files, recently, does not sync automatically in OneDrive. Because, i had other problems, too, i formatted my PC and re-installed everything from scratch. But this problem with autosave and sync files keeps on.

I have found out that mo matter how many times, i check the box at OneDrive icon/ more/settings/Backup/Automatically save screenshots i capture, to OneDrive icon at taskbar, this options dis-selects by itself. I can not figure out what causes this. I suspect that this has to do with a service that changes or makes my PC accept this command after many times i set this option and, then after restarting PC it unchecks it.

Could someone figure out why this occurs and whether it can be fixed? How else could i activate autosave once and for all?

***Original title: OneDrive command to sync automattically screenshots does not accept it***

:)

HelenDimaki, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

No more saving a screenshot when press ALT+PRINT after changing storage place

Hello,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To better assist you, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• When you press the keys to take a screenshot, can you paste the image to paint or to any photo editor apps?
    • Have you made sure that the auto save screenshot has a check mark in OneDrive? (Right-click OneDrive icon in the notification area> Click Settings> In the Auto save tab> Put a check in
      Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive box)
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, you can also refer to the answer provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    on this
    link
    for additional reference.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly

1. OneDrive setting to save screenshot is not working properly - Similar Threads - OneDrive setting save

2. OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly: A couple of weeks ago, OneDrive worked fine for me. Auto-save worked great for all new files, and the subfolders I had set up didnt' seem to confuse the software. Now, suddenly, it's a complete mess. I save PPT and Word docs into folders on OneDrive and Autosave isn't enabled...
  3. OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive refuses to sync and save properly: A couple of weeks ago, OneDrive worked fine for me. Auto-save worked great for all new files, and the subfolders I had set up didnt' seem to confuse the software. Now, suddenly, it's a complete mess. I save PPT and Word docs into folders on OneDrive and Autosave isn't enabled...
  4. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  5. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  6. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  7. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  8. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

9. Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save screenshots taken using PrtScn to OneDrive: I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I wanted to grab (NOT the full desktop. This did NOT require snipping or dragging a shape or whatever. The tool works perfectly...
  10. Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots will only save to OneDrive folder.: Hi all, When I set up my Surface Go, I signed in to OneDrive, as one does. However, I apparently made the mistake of checking the "Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive" box, and now they won't save anywhere else. I wanted to close down OneDrive, I feel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive screenshots not working in game