Windows 10: Onedrive settings

Discus and support Onedrive settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Never have been able to get a full grip on Onedrive and get confused with it. I had to reinstall windows on my laptop as I had a blue screen of death.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregReinhard1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Onedrive settings

Never have been able to get a full grip on Onedrive and get confused with it. I had to reinstall windows on my laptop as I had a blue screen of death. I have always used Onedrive and had it on all my computers. Once I had windows up and running on my laptop, Onedrive took all my desktop icons on my desktop and put them on my laptop. This has never happened before and I do not want these icons on my laptop as I use different apps and things on my laptop. How do I remove them from laptop while still keeping them on desktop?

:)

GregReinhard1, Jul 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Onedrive settings

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Onedrive settings ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive settings

1. Onedrive settings - Similar Threads - Onedrive settings

2. OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive settings different in 2 computers?: I have two computers, both of which have Windows 10. Computer A is my main computer and there is plenty of room on the hard drive. On computer A, the files in my professional OneDrive are also stored locally. Computer B is my second computer and it has a smaller hard drive...
  3. In need of some advice on setting up Onedrive on after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    In need of some advice on setting up Onedrive on after a clean install: Hi, Im looking into using Onedrive for the first time on my laptop. After searching the web I havent been able to get a clear answer about setting up Onedrive for my particular needs. I know that Onedrive can be configured during setup to automatically backup the Desktop,...
  4. Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive

Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive: I fear I have bought the wrong product for my needs but I recently purchased "OneDrive for business Plan 1" so I can back up and sync files on my workplace PC and home laptop.However, all I am given the options to back up are "documents", "desktop" and "pictures" - which is...
  5. OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive does not stay "Switched On" in Startup App Settings: Hi, I turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on, OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to off . Any idea why this might be? I'm using Avast free...
  6. OneDrive folders setting offline or online

OneDrive folders setting offline or online: I am trying to make certain folders in OneDrive in FileExplorer available offline, so I can quickly get access to them without waiting for them to download. I searched for documentation, which seems to indicate you need to choose "make available offline" in the file/folder...
  7. How to stop OneDrive from syncing GTA V settings and data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing GTA V settings and data?: I recently purchased a laptop on which I want to play GTA V occasionally, but I have run into this weird problem where the game for some reason saves graphics settings and save states in my Documents folder, which I have to keep shared between all of my PCs for work reasons....
  8. How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings: [ATTACH] I recently opened settings and noticed I was unhelpfully greeted with these advertisements at the top of my settings app. I use better and more secure third-party tools for backup and web browsing, and have zero interest in allowing anyone to datamine my computer...
  9. I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am frequently working on the same Word documents I have stored on OneDrive (and set to be...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/77to90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lygiwy/i_am_frequently_working_on_the_same_word/
  10. Why do the settings in onedrive offer folders to make unavailable

Why do the settings in onedrive offer folders to make unavailable: that when you deselect the folder you are told that you can not do this? Is there a point to offering what can not be achieved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-the-settings-in-onedrive-offer-folders-to/22738b60-2b32-4dea-b802-f14ef795ff06