Windows 10: OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

Discus and support OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; within Windows 10, you can right click on a file stored in the onedrive folder and share it with someone via a onedrive link. It seems the new update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottfactor, Aug 4, 2019.

1. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

within Windows 10, you can right click on a file stored in the onedrive folder and share it with someone via a onedrive link. It seems the new update to windows 10 here defaults to allow "anyone with the link can edit". What if 99.9% of the time I only want people to view, not edit??? can this default setting be changed to "only view" when using this function?

:)

scottfactor, Aug 4, 2019

2. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

within Windows 10, you can right click on a file stored in the onedrive folder and share it with someone via a onedrive link. It seems the new update to windows 10 here defaults to allow "anyone with the link can edit". What if 99.9% of the time I only
    want people to view, not edit??? can this default setting be changed to "only view" when using this function?

scottfactor, Sep 28, 2019
  3. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

Hi Scott

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Right now, the only option is to click the 'Anyone with this link can edit' menu

Uncheck Allow editing

if you want the default to be View only, that option is not available.

I would also recommend you submit a feature request; send me the short link so I can vote on it and bring it to the attention of the Windows engineers.

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Sep 28, 2019
  4. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

1. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit??? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Share function

2. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  3. Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave: Is there a way to turn off the auto save function for a shared file? For example I am sharing a .ppt file with co-workers so that all can make changes. However we don't want the file to save automatically in case someone makes a mistake. Is there a way to turn off auto save...
  4. Share with OneDrive !

Share with OneDrive !: If I save anything to Video file it doesn't seem to synchronize with OneDrive as per the print screen attached ! I normally have to copy and paste to documents or photos to "Share" with OneDrive ! Can the video file be added to OneDrive ? I have read various articles on the...
  5. OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?

OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?: I've used Google Photos/Drive and Amazon Photos/Drive but I've yet to find a solution that can do all these things. Can anyone verify it these are all possible with OneDrive? 1 You can manager your Photos on OneDrive by syncing to your Windows PC and manager photos and...
  6. OneDrive on Windows10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive on Windows10 PC: I cannot see the Onedrive icon in the settings menu of the taskbar. When I select choose what appears on the taskbar, OneDrive does not appear in the list. It useed to, but is missing. Therefore I cannot complete the 'getting missing Onedrive icon' back again. If it's not...
  7. The Search function in Windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Search function in Windows10?: The Search icon at the left hand side of the bottom tray doesn't work for finding documents on my PC. How do I find documents on the PC with Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-function-in-windows10/60b0e6d5-0e84-4eb2-9663-867954987e1d
  8. Windows10 home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 home edition: Hello, Can somebody tell me how i can see my digital license from microsoft for Windows10 home edition. I got a free upgrade from windows 7 and now i need to reinstall windows10 home edition on my computer because of a blue screen loop i can,t get out of....
  9. Windows10 desktop & Onedrive

Windows10 desktop & Onedrive: Sorry in advance for my ignorance, when amending an excel or word document on my windows10 desktop pc should this automatically synch with the onedrive document accessed from my onedrive app on my iPhone?...
  10. Share option within Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Share option within Edge: Hi, I have the official Twitter app installed but when I choose to share via edge it doesn't allow me to choose Twitter. Only available options I get are : RedditReddHubV2 Mail OneNote Reading List I have uninstalled Twitter WSRESET Reinstalled Twitter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set onedrive default shareing to notedit