Windows 10: OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

Discus and support OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B. Parker, Mar 23, 2020.

1. B. Parker Win User

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person.

I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices.

I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files are visible in my account, on all my devices, but on their side, the Folder remains empty.

Did I miss a step?

P.S. - both of us are running Win10Pro with all the updates installed.

:)

B. Parker, Mar 23, 2020

2. sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 23, 2020
  3. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Mar 23, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

OneDrive Shared Folder question

Hi leonhart1981

OneDrive is very location sensitive . . .

If you move a shared folder, OneDrive will just see that the folder no longer exists in its original location and not know that it has been moved, you would need to re-share the folder in its new location

It is like, if say, you have a Word document in your Documents folder saved from Word, that is then added to the Recent File list in Word, if you close Word and move that file in File Explorer, then try to open it from the Word recent file list, Word will tell
    you the file no longer exists, because it does not know you have moved the file outside of Word . . .

DaveM121, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files - Similar Threads - OneDrive Shared Folder

2. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  3. Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Icons on Folders and Files not Shared: I just upgraded my account to a paid 100gb plan Since then, one folder out of many is appearing with the following image:When I check the details of the folder and files under it, I see "THIS ITEM IS NOT SHARED". I just want to make sure these files are definitely not shared...
  4. Onedrive file sharing

Onedrive file sharing: Good Morning,Is anyone experiencing issues when a file is shared in Teams from Onedrive and unable to see who the file has been shared with and change access.I have Users that can no longer see these options in Onedrive but can for files shared more than 3 weeks ago.Please...
  5. OneDrive Shared Folder

OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder & Files

OneDrive Shared Folder & Files: I can't find the answer anywhere unfortunately. I must be doing something wrong.... I am moving from Google Drive to OneDrive and don't find this easy to do in OneDrive. How can I set a folder to non-editable, always shared without have to do it each and every time? I...
  7. Sharing onedrive files

Sharing onedrive files: Why cant I share a link to my OneDrive files and folders? The menu item is missing from my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files/e8ab449c-efb1-442b-8c17-6ba03f6d3e04"
  8. See Shared OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Shared OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: See Shared OneDrive Files and Folders How to See Shared OneDrive Files and Folders [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can...
  9. Stop Sharing OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stop Sharing OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: Stop Sharing OneDrive Files and Folders How to Stop Sharing Your OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can use...
  10. Share OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: Share OneDrive Files and Folders How to Share Your OneDrive Files and Folders [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can use...