Windows 10: OneDrive shenanigans

Discus and support OneDrive shenanigans in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It wants me to set-up OneDrive again by re-choosing the OneDrive folder location. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vcize, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Vcize Win User

OneDrive shenanigans

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It wants me to set-up OneDrive again by re-choosing the OneDrive folder location.

The problem is that it app[ears to be counting both the already existing OneDrive files and the OneDrive cloud files (which are the same as the already existing files) against my capacity and judging that OneDrive cannot fit on the hard drive.

More specifically, I have an entire 1tb hard drive dedicated to OneDrive. It has 627gb worth of OneDrive files in it. After upgrading to Windows 10 it makes me re-choose my OneDrive folder. When I try to select that folder it sees 627gb of existing files and 627gb of cloud files to be merged and determines that 1254gb > 1tb so it won't let me choose that folder. However, the reality is that those 627gb of cloud files are the same as the existing files and when it does the merge there will only be 627gb.

:)

Vcize, Jul 30, 2015
  2. daniel_a1 Win User

Massive OneDrive problem

If you have a portable hard drive on hand... can you just move ALL the files from your OneDrive folder to the portable hard drive to back them up. Then you can delete them off your computer since you have them backed up on your portable hard drive. Then
    let OneDrive do it's syncing shenanigans and let it finish. Tell me if that makes any sense.

daniel_a1, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows firewall blocked apps on windows 10

i delcare SHENANIGANS!

shenanigans has duly been declared.

i picked up a brand new device from the microsoft store in austin

downloaded and installed chrome.......same result as before.

windows firewall blocks some features............

so why is this really happening........

very frustrating

robert_s9_, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive shenanigans

1. OneDrive shenanigans - Similar Threads - OneDrive shenanigans

2. Onedrive login doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive login doesn't work: My login to onedrive doesn't work. It shows only a white window and the error code 0x8004de44OS system: Windows 10 22H2One drive updatedsolution with powershell didn't work...
  3. Onedrive login doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive login doesn't work: My login to onedrive doesn't work. It shows only a white window and the error code 0x8004de44OS system: Windows 10 22H2One drive updatedsolution with powershell didn't work...
  4. Onedrive login doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following...: Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following Error Massge: "Error 0x80070780: The File cannot be accessed by the system" Any ideas how to solve it?...
  6. Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following...

Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following...: Some file do not sync in OneDrive. when I try to access or copy them I get the following Error Massge: "Error 0x80070780: The File cannot be accessed by the system" Any ideas how to solve it?...
  7. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  8. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  9. Onedrive sync and backup

Onedrive sync and backup: Hi, a few questions on onedrive, just starting to use it now. 1 I see there is a onedrive folder, if I select the choose folders in the app, it only offers me stuff in that onedrive folder to sync. How do I sync other folders like 'mydocuments' 'mypictures' or some other...
  10. OneDrive shenanigans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive shenanigans: So I recently had to send off my laptop for maintenance and it came back with OneDrive syncing ALL of my files within Documents to Desktop. Needless to say this was a massive inconvenience as all I used OneDrive for was to backup my OneNote files, and now I have no online...