Windows 10: OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't

Discus and support OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up OneDrive to continuously backup all my files and folders. Unfortunately, OneDrive does display everything "Synched?" ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RetiredEngineer, Mar 1, 2021.

1. OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't

I'm trying to set up OneDrive to continuously backup all my files and folders. Unfortunately, OneDrive does display everything "Synched?" ...

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't db85e760-8194-480a-9fbf-104bd6325a3d?upload=true.jpg

But, although all my folders are shown, there are no files in them ...

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't 8ecd2e7a-d672-40fb-b924-18d342d3a873?upload=true.jpg

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what else I should do. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RetiredEngineer, Mar 1, 2021

2. Can't stop large Outlook 2016 files from synching with OneDrive

OK I solved my own problem.
    First I moved the files out of the OneDrive folder, deleted the folder, and they disappeared from the synch although the folder was still in the Cloud. So I deleted the Cloud folder too. I then created the folder again in OneDrive and put the folders back in there but selected not to Synch it. That failed as it showed an error about two folders the same and synching also started again.
    So, I moved the folder and outlook files permanently out of the OneDrive folder and that's sorted it.
    OneDrive seems so inflexible and isn't user friendly if you ask me!
    w

stevenson53, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

Ever since Microsoft OneDrive updated to Version 2017 (Build 17.3.7059.0930), all my PDF files that I have stored show thumbnails which never happened before. Great.

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't [​IMG]

However, all my ICO (*.ico) files no longer show thumbnails after they are synched like they used to. Here is a screenshot I took showing the new icons I saved yesterday (which haven't been synched) and older ones that are synched.

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't [​IMG]

How do I get my icon thumbnails back?

What I've already done:

1. Rebuild icon cache (Go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer; delete all iconcache_*.db files)
    2. Icrease size of icon cache (Regedit; KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer; New String Value "Max cached icons"; Set to 8MB "8192")

Silverfish2910, Mar 1, 2021
  4. dr-mac Win User

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't

File History Not Backing Up OneDrive Local Files

Thank you for sharing this information. I followed the steps, but there was no change in the issues I am experiencing with file history backup of synched OneDrive files. I tried turning off, resetting, and re-configuring File History; it backed up some files
    but not most.

Thanks!

dr-mac, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't

1. OneDrive Shows All Files Synched Backed Up, But They Aren't - Similar Threads - OneDrive Shows Files

2. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  3. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  4. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  5. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop synching of files in OneDrive: OneDrive has the extremely annoying habit of INSTANTLY starting the synch after a fresh install, and then refusing the disabling of certain folder. Example: I have a 300 GB disk, and if I'm unlucky then OneDrive will start a 600GB folder download. Can't stop synching this...
  6. Stop synching of files in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  8. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  9. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  10. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...