Windows 10: OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.

Discus and support OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have uploaded some files from my phone to OneDrive, I see my uploaded files in OneDrive when I access via phone but do not see them when I access via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EACA, May 12, 2020.

1. EACA Win User

OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.

I have uploaded some files from my phone to OneDrive, I see my uploaded files in OneDrive when I access via phone but do not see them when I access via my computer. What is going on?

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 12, 2020
  3. Tabvla Win User
    Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, May 12, 2020
  4. OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.

Have OneDrive to show me the online files

Hi Omid,

In Windows 10, this feature has been replaced with the option to sync all files to the local computer. The online files and folders you are referring to are also known as OneDrive placeholders. Instead of displaying placeholder icons for files by default,
    OneDrive would sync all files to the local computer in Windows 10.

One reason for the removal of OneDrive placeholders was user confusion, as they expected all files to be available on their system even when the system had no working Internet connection. However, you may want to request this feature to be back in Windows 10
    by submitting your feedback and suggestions through the Feedback Hub.

Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback Hub, so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. You may refer to the steps below:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, May 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.

1. OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer. - Similar Threads - OneDrive shows files

2. OneDrive Lost My Computer Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Lost My Computer Files: Hello.I wanted to remove OneDrive from my Documents/Pictures. It's install path was /celes/OneDrive/Documents and /celes/OneDrive/pictures, respectively. I had already uninstalled OneDrive in 2021 but I had not unlinked my OneDrive from those folders. I wanted to revert to...
  3. OneDrive Lost My Computer Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Lost My Computer Files: Hello.I wanted to remove OneDrive from my Documents/Pictures. It's install path was /celes/OneDrive/Documents and /celes/OneDrive/pictures, respectively. I had already uninstalled OneDrive in 2021 but I had not unlinked my OneDrive from those folders. I wanted to revert to...
  4. OneDrive Lost My Computer Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive showing partial pictures from my phone

OneDrive showing partial pictures from my phone: Some photos from my phone are showing only partially on onedrive. Is there a setting for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-showing-partial-pictures-from-my-phone/a25e1c12-614f-4731-ba9c-5bdf85a91f29
  6. OneDrive showing partial pictures from my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive showing partial pictures from my phone: Some photos from my phone are showing only partially on onedrive. Is there a setting for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-showing-partial-pictures-from-my-phone/a25e1c12-614f-4731-ba9c-5bdf85a91f29
  7. OneDrive showing partial pictures from my phone

8. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  9. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  10. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive photos on phone not showing on computer