Windows 10: OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus

Discus and support OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all, OneDrive is sometimes missing from the context menus (Open, Save, etc.) in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) when I open them; this can happen... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gmteg, Sep 4, 2018.

1. gmteg Win User

OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus

Hi all,

OneDrive is sometimes missing from the context menus (Open, Save, etc.) in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) when I open them; this can happen both when opening them for the first time after a system restart and when re-opening after closing them without a system restart in between. I can add it back by going to the 'Account' menu in the Office apps and signing out then back in to my Microsoft account.

I have two separate OneDrive installations on my computer and the secondary OneDrive never disappears from the context menus. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

gmteg, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 4, 2018
  3. OneDrive for Business in context menu

Thanks a lot. I reinstalled OneDrive for Business and the context menu disappeared itself.

Nguyễn Quốc Anh, Sep 4, 2018
  4. SwiftR Win User

No context menu in OneDrive directory

Thank you!

Unfortunately the issue is not with the new OneDrive only... I've followed the instructions on the yellow tip box but the context menu never appears. Here's an example of my context menu:

OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus [​IMG]

SwiftR, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus - Similar Threads - OneDrive sometimes missing

2. "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Choose folders" sometimes missing from OneDrive client settings: The "Choose folders" settings on the Account tab in the OneDrive client settings are frequently and randomly missing. One time they'll be there, the next time they won't. I have multiple sharepoint libraries synced with OneDrive, and that entire section sometimes...
  3. Blurry apps, installation wizards, and context menus on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry apps, installation wizards, and context menus on windows 10: Hello, I have a brand new dell laptop with a full HD display. Since i started using it i can see a lot of apps and context menus looks blurry. Also a lot of installation wizards look blurry too. I tried all the tips present on the Microsoft site and nothing works (like...
  4. I want to delete "delete" from context menus.

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to delete "delete" from context menus.: I quite often hit delete when trying to paste or rename a file. They are simply too close together. Is there a way to remove the delete button from the menu or maybe move it to the bottom of the menu? I can use cut/paste to delete items. 126547
  5. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  6. Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus: Does anybody know how, if it's eve possible, to remove 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from the context menu for files and folders?! TIA! 36836
  7. Printer missing from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...
  8. Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly: This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later). Problems seen: Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot) Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of...
  9. Context menus opening to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menus opening to the left: .... instead of to the right, like they're SUPPOSED to. [img] 72316
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...