Windows 10: OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus

Discus and support OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all, OneDrive is sometimes missing from the context menus (Open, Save, etc.) in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) when I open them; this can happen... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gmteg, Sep 4, 2018.

1. gmteg Win User

OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus

Hi all,

OneDrive is sometimes missing from the context menus (Open, Save, etc.) in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc.) when I open them; this can happen both when opening them for the first time after a system restart and when re-opening after closing them without a system restart in between. I can add it back by going to the 'Account' menu in the Office apps and signing out then back in to my Microsoft account.

I have two separate OneDrive installations on my computer and the secondary OneDrive never disappears from the context menus. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

gmteg, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 4, 2018
  3. OneDrive for Business in context menu

Thanks a lot. I reinstalled OneDrive for Business and the context menu disappeared itself.

Nguyễn Quốc Anh, Sep 4, 2018
  4. SwiftR Win User

No context menu in OneDrive directory

Thank you!

Unfortunately the issue is not with the new OneDrive only... I've followed the instructions on the yellow tip box but the context menu never appears. Here's an example of my context menu:

OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus [​IMG]

SwiftR, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive sometimes missing from Office apps' context menus - Similar Threads - OneDrive sometimes missing

2. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. Windows 11 Context menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Context menus: The actions one can take for an item file, folder, etc. show up in different ways:Across the topAcross the bottomIn a context menu I think "context menu" is the right term.others?This is a bit confusing -- not that one can't quickly figure out where to look, but that one...
  5. Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work: When I right-click a pinned app the context menu shows up but if I left-click any of the option it doesn't do anything and the context menu stays up...
  6. Optical Devices context menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Devices context menus: Simple question. My Optical disk reader shows up as Drive D on my PC and if I accidently click on it, it OPENS. If I right-click on it, there is an item that allows me to EJECT it. Is it possible to ADD Microsoft or 3rd party an item to CLOSE the tray. Just a thought....
  7. Edit or an editor for the context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edit or an editor for the context menus: My context menu is a mess. Items that I never use, or apps added themselves but not wanted, and vice versa. Older apps that offer setting to be listed, no longer work function in W10 1909. I am trying to add them manually and remove those which I don't want. e.g: I have...
  8. Community Onedrive Context Windows or Office?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Community Onedrive Context Windows or Office?: Subject says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/community-onedrive-context-windows-or-office/e84126c5-6924-4842-9703-3022317f26ad"
  9. Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!

Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!: So I wake up my computer yesterday morning after the weekend. Outlook is open, after checking I minimize and see all my desktop icons are gone except for the recycle bin. I right click on the lower left Windows icon and nothing. If I click Send To on a file in explorer...
  10. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...