Windows 10: OneDrive Space Issue

Discus and support OneDrive Space Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulinAZ0813, Oct 9, 2021.

1. OneDrive Space Issue

I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second - how do I get it to purge the old versions?Thanks

:)

PaulinAZ0813, Oct 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 9, 2021
  4. OneDrive Space Issue

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Space Issue

1. OneDrive Space Issue - Similar Threads - OneDrive Space Issue

2. OneDrive - HDD Space Consumption Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - HDD Space Consumption Issue: OK....I am techy person....former IT.On my home PC I have Windows 10.....all latest updates....fairly new PC so SUPER clean.I have OD installed and family vids/pic ~350GB have 1TB account.My HDD is 1TB drive.....with the biggest other space consumer my iTunes backups for...
  3. OneDrive - HDD Space Consumption Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - HDD Space Consumption Issue: OK....I am techy person....former IT.On my home PC I have Windows 10.....all latest updates....fairly new PC so SUPER clean.I have OD installed and family vids/pic ~350GB have 1TB account.My HDD is 1TB drive.....with the biggest other space consumer my iTunes backups for...
  4. OneDrive - HDD Space Consumption Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Space Issues

Space Issues: I have a C: drive dedicated to just the OS and am running out of room. I also have an other drive J: that I am trying to put my overflow programs onto. Both are NVME so performance should not be an issue.Couple of questions:I used O365 Outlook as my viewer for my Gmail...
  6. OneDrive Space Issue

OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  7. OneDrive Space Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Space Issue: I am using OneDrive as a backup for my computer. It is telling me I am out of space. I believe it is because OneDrive is keeping many versions of the files. So something that should take up 100mb, is taking 200 or 300. First - does OneDrive allocate space for versions?Second...
  8. OneDrive Sync - space issues

OneDrive Sync - space issues: Hello, We have one user who is using OneDrive extensively around 60Gb data. OneDrive was unlinked/stopped syncing some time ago, might be a month or so. Now when we try to link the OneDrive again, it says there is no enough space for all that data 60Gb. But problem is,...
  9. OneDrive on Storage Spaces.

OneDrive on Storage Spaces.: Is it a good idea to put OneDrive on a Storage Space volume? 153210
  10. Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?

Is Disk Space and OneDrive space the same?: Personal One Drive is pointed to C Drive. [ATTACH] Business One Drive is pointed to D Drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have a 1 TB Personal One Drive and a 1 TB Business One Drive. I have 117.19 GB in Disk 1 and OS (C:). I Have 931.51 GB in Disk 0 and Data (D:). Are...