Windows 10: OneDrive spamming my desktop

Discus and support OneDrive spamming my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to sync file with OneDrive without letting the program moves all of the files to Desktop? My desktop screen is covered every time I turned on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OhItsOn999, Feb 21, 2019.

1. OneDrive spamming my desktop

How to sync file with OneDrive without letting the program moves all of the files to Desktop? My desktop screen is covered every time I turned on the syncing process.

:)

OhItsOn999, Feb 21, 2019
  2. DrBeamer Win User

OneDrive spam

As I have stated before: I don't have OneDrive. I don't want OneDrive. I want everything OneDrive related removed from my PC, since I never asked for it and the spam it creates is messing up my workflow.

The steps I outlined above do just that, so my immediate problem is solved. But I also want Microsoft to
    stop being evil, as I don't like Mac OS and my favorite software does not run on Ubuntu.

DrBeamer, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 21, 2019
  4. DrBeamer Win User

OneDrive spamming my desktop

OneDrive spam

Looks like I finally found a way to get rid of this crud. I've waited a few weeks to be sure, but the steps outlined on www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-onedrive-windows-10
    seem to do the trick:

Here is how you uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 (or Windows 8, as well)

• Press WinKey+R to bring up the Run dialog
    • Type cmd to bring up the command prompt window
    • Type the following to kill the OneDrive process: TASKKILL /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • To uninstall the OneDrive from Windows 10, issue the following commands
      • If you are on a 32-bit system, type: %systemroot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
      • If you run a 64-bit version, type: %systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    The above command will remove OneDrive from your computer. It will not give you any confirmation though. Note that some folders and files related to OneDrive.exe process will still remain behind after
    you uninstall it. No changes will happen to the files and folders present in your OneDrive folder.

But if you want to also remove the residual folders, search for OneDrive in “%UserProfile%, “%LocalAppData% and “%ProgramData% folders and delete them.

To remove the residual OneDrive registry keys, Run regedit and delete these two keys, to remove Explorer integration:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

DrBeamer, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive spamming my desktop

1. OneDrive spamming my desktop - Similar Threads - OneDrive spamming desktop

2. OneDrive desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive desktop.: My desktop properties says it is a OneDrive desktop. I have already unlinked this computer from OneDrive and uninstalled it, signed out of Microsoft 365, but don't seem to have a local desktop that I would prefer. How to I get a local desktop instead of a OneDrive desktop?...
  3. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  4. Onedrive will not backup my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive will not backup my desktop: I switched to a new laptop and put Onedrive on it. It backups up everything, but I get a message that says, ""the desktop folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"". Suggestions so I can back up my desktop?R...
  5. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  6. onedrive and desktop

onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  7. OneDrive and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  8. OneDrive and my desktop

OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  9. OneDrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and desktop: I dont know why OneDrive removes everything in the desktop and sync it into the cloud after i updated windows ... i really wish windows stop tormenting us with such aggressive updates that make us waste time trying to fix. I just wanted to use Onedrive for it's storage and...
  10. ONEDRIVE SPAM E-MAIL OR PHISHING?? ALERT!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ONEDRIVE SPAM E-MAIL OR PHISHING?? ALERT!!: I received this e-mail on my gmail account. Seems to be phishing. Your account will be deleted on August 10, 2018 Your *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account has been unused for the past two years, and will be deleted on August 10, 2018. If you would like...