Windows 10: Onedrive stalling on processing files

Discus and support Onedrive stalling on processing files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi My onedrive is stalling on processing files so I have to exit it and restart it before it will begin uploading a 500mb mail backup file, it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by banger, May 8, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Onedrive stalling on processing files

Hi

My onedrive is stalling on processing files so I have to exit it and restart it before it will begin uploading a 500mb mail backup file, it never used to.

I am on Win 10 Pro x64 and backup my WLM folders to a single file in the onedrive folder locally, but recently it has stopped updating/uploading this file to one drive until I restart the app.

Any fixes or anyway to refresh the onedrive installation?

Tim

:)

banger, May 8, 2016

2. My OneDrive application hungs on "Processing Changes"

Hi Andre,

thank you for your help. In my case the same problem with OneDrive recreated after Windows reinstalling. I remember last time the similar strange problems when I copied a softlink to OneDrive. But now, I have no idea and I have no any tool to check files
    in my OneDrive

Bravo, Microsoft

Leonid Frolov, May 8, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 8, 2016
  4. banger Win User

No ond?

I reset onedrive, onedrive.exe /reset it worked for a couple of days then stopped uploading again. I dont reboot, any ideas. Only way to get it uploading is to restart the onedrive app.

banger, May 12, 2016
  5. droidly Win User
    Hello,

I have had this issue a few times and resolved it several different ways but the easiest by far for me was to view all files and folders in onedrive with a *.* search then sort by status. My onedrive has about 500 gb and 15000 files so a little patience is required but for me it was only 3 minutes. Any files or folders not syncing will be indicated by the sync arrow icon. From there you must decide your course of action. I have backups so I typically delete the file and replace it with the backup file but sometimes moving the file out of onedrive and then back in resolves the issue.

I would recommend showing hidden files and folders in case you have some gremlins lurking.

Hope this helps, Andre

droidly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive stalling on processing files - Similar Threads - Onedrive stalling processing

2. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large file uploads are stalling in W10: Happens in 2 apps for sure:- Using any browser, uploading a largish file even just a few Mb goes very slowly or stalls completely perhaps being cancelled on the receiving end for being too slow?. Such as uploading STL files to a 3d printing house, or attaching a large file to...
  3. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large file uploads are stalling in W10: Happens in 2 apps for sure:- Using any browser, uploading a largish file even just a few Mb goes very slowly or stalls completely perhaps being cancelled on the receiving end for being too slow?. Such as uploading STL files to a 3d printing house, or attaching a large file to...
  4. Large file uploads are stalling in W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Onedrive stalls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive stalls: How can I make onedrive sync files between my computer and the cloud. It stalls all the time. There is some "help" on microsoft's homepage on how to "reset" onedrive, but that obviously does not work. Is there some other way?...
  6. Onedrive stalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive stalls: How can I make onedrive sync files between my computer and the cloud. It stalls all the time. There is some "help" on microsoft's homepage on how to "reset" onedrive, but that obviously does not work. Is there some other way?...
  7. Onedrive stalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive cannot process KFM

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive cannot process KFM: Enterprise managed OneDrive for all users, some user cannot use the KFM and keep show below error message. unlinked the PC and re-connect/create new folder cannot fix it. Waiting for your kindly hlep. [ATTACH]...
  9. OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is stuck at "Processing Change": This is a follow-up to my previous question; Thumbnails in my OneDrive folder do not display correctly I would like to know if OneDrive will update their software soon, it has been giving me problem after problem recently. Besides not showing thumbnails in File Explorer,...
  10. OneDrive failed and wont stop processing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive failed and wont stop processing files: I decided to change from Mac to Windows and bought a Lenovo laptop 8 months ago with OneDrive activated. Now I have around 4GB of data sincronized. 2 Weeks ago I downoaded and installed all the updates from Lenovo and after that, OneDrive sent an error message saying it cant...