Windows 10: OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from...

Discus and support OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using OneDrive (personal) with Placeholders enabled to save space in my storage. After I updated to Windows 10 May 2019 Update, 1903 (update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenyaWest, Jul 12, 2019.

1. KenyaWest Win User

OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from...

I am using OneDrive (personal) with Placeholders enabled to save space in my storage. After I updated to Windows 10 May 2019 Update, 1903 (update showed up by itself), when I try to pick up any file from my OneDrive in many cases:

1. When I want to upload files through any Chromuim-based browser;
    2. When I want to open a picture in Photoshop;
    3. When I need to open a file through any Electron-based apps (Skype/VK Messenger/Whatsapp)
    4. When I try to save a file through Snagit/Word/Unigram...

It happens when I navigate to a folder containing some files. When I stay in the root, nothing is downloading despite there are icons clearly signaling some "synchronizing in progress".

Some apps doesn't force OneDrive to download files, such as mp3tag from Microsoft Store.

Info:

• All the programs mentioned are running latest stable versions;
    • I tried to reset OneDrive. With no luck.

:)

KenyaWest, Jul 12, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 12, 2019
  4. OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from...

Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Elias,

To resolve your concern regarding opening local files on OneDrive, follow the steps below:

• Go to
      OneDrive.com.
    • Right click on the file that you want to view.
    • Click on Download.
    • The file will be downloaded, and would normally show up on the bottom part of your browser.
    • Click the file, and it would open up using its normal default application.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from...

1. OneDrive starts downloading all the files in current folder when I try to open a file from... - Similar Threads - OneDrive starts downloading

2. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  3. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all Files from downloads folder dissapeared: Yesterday I downloaded a game from the internet, and ran the installer, everything was fine, it was a bit laggy, but fine. after awhile of playing i went to check my downloads folder and everything was GONE , i checked all the hidden folders everything, and nothing was found....
  4. all Files from downloads folder dissapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Open downloads file from start menu won't load all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open downloads file from start menu won't load all files: As shown in the image, there are 5 files in the folder but only 3 of them are showing. This occurs everytime if I open downloads folder from the start menu. If I open the full path: C:\Users\xxx\Downloads then I can see the files properly. This only happened after a recent...
  6. Open downloads file from start menu won't load all files

Open downloads file from start menu won't load all files: As shown in the image, there are 5 files in the folder but only 3 of them are showing. This occurs everytime if I open downloads folder from the start menu. If I open the full path: C:\Users\xxx\Downloads then I can see the files properly. This only happened after a recent...
  7. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  8. Edge Chromium downloads all OneDrive files when uploading a file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium downloads all OneDrive files when uploading a file: Hey guys, I noticed something peculiar: When uploading a file, such as a picture, by pressing the corresponding "Upload" button on any website, and then browsing through the OneDrive files in the browsing box that pops up, I noticed that Edge Chromium downloads all the shown...
  9. Can't open downloaded files from OneDrive

Can't open downloaded files from OneDrive: [ATTACH] As shown above, when I trying to open the downloaded file from one drive It is not opening, but if I go and check that file in one drive it is opening and all the details are correct. This error happens for all files in my one drive I can't download anything....
  10. All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder

All Files missing from the "Downloads" Folder: So I booted my computer and found that all of my files went missing in the "Downloads" folder as seen in the files explorer. However, some of the files and folders were available in the left column, however when I clicked It It says "LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE". When i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive automatic downloads when file manager opened

2. onedrive keeps downloading files