Windows 10: OneDrive still syncs after being deleted

Discus and support OneDrive still syncs after being deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a Microsoft office user, I also used to use OneDrive After deleting OneDrive I wanted to lose all my useless files on the cloud but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrabodhPrasad, Jan 8, 2021.

1. OneDrive still syncs after being deleted

I am a Microsoft office user, I also used to use OneDrive

After deleting OneDrive I wanted to lose all my useless files on the cloud but it still syncs to Microsoft office.OneDrive still syncs after being deleted [​IMG]

:)

PrabodhPrasad, Jan 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive still syncs after being deleted [​IMG]

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

Kari, Jan 8, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive still syncs after being deleted

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive still syncs after being deleted [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive still syncs after being deleted

1. OneDrive still syncs after being deleted - Similar Threads - OneDrive still syncs

2. syncing and deleting OneDrive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syncing and deleting OneDrive issue: For a while now I've had some old-school files stuck on my computer from OneDrive for a while I forgot about them until they started to get in the way and take up room. I cannot delete them at all, I can't access the school info anymore and I can't log into the drive. The...
  3. syncing and deleting OneDrive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing and deleting OneDrive issue: For a while now I've had some old-school files stuck on my computer from OneDrive for a while I forgot about them until they started to get in the way and take up room. I cannot delete them at all, I can't access the school info anymore and I can't log into the drive. The...
  4. syncing and deleting OneDrive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files: i deleted one drive last week but my pictures and documents are still running on OneDrive idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uninstalled-but-still-syncing-with-files/87135908-0f6e-4ef3-b51c-842d841d52d9
  6. The Onedrive syncing and deletion of files

The Onedrive syncing and deletion of files: Dear Windows Community Files copied to my Onedrive folder, are they being synced with the Windows server instantly? Where can I see files that been deleted from my Onedrive folder? Thank you in advance Best regards Emil...
  7. Onedrive files still on storage after deleting them

Onedrive files still on storage after deleting them: Hi all, I switched over to PC the other day and getting my files into the new laptop has been a mess. I moved my files from an external hard drive onto my desktop, and then sorted them into different folders on windows explorer. Little did I know I dumped them into the...
  8. Onedrive - file currently not being synced

Onedrive - file currently not being synced: Hi, Stuck for days on a blue circular arrow showing file currently being synced - how do I sync it to show green check mark? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-currently-not-being-synced/50273a24-79da-430b-9085-c75b4b543d4a
  9. OneDrive deleted files that weren't synced

OneDrive deleted files that weren't synced: I've been using OneDrive since I bought my Surface Book 2 two years ago. It has always been running the background so I assumed my files were syncing online. OneDrive mostly showed that all files were up to date, so I assumed everything was all fine and good. I also had all...
  10. OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced: Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the beginning that OneDrive should synchronize my pictures and documents folders. Once I noticed this I changed the save-path for...