Windows 10: OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far

Discus and support OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two days ago, for some unknown reason, OneDrive displayed the "Not signed in" icon on the task bar. My local OneDrive folder was in the E: drive but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrasseLacerda, Nov 21, 2019.

1. OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far

Two days ago, for some unknown reason, OneDrive displayed the "Not signed in" icon on the task bar. My local OneDrive folder was in the E: drive but

when I tried to sign in again OneDrive started to create a new local folder in C:\users... instead.

I want OneDrive to synchronize to E:\OneDrive, as it had been doing for a long time and as I do with my other computers, but OneDrive refuses to take anything but the C:\users folder no matter how I try and even after reinstalling the program.

I do not want the OneDrive folder to be in the C: drive but I have not found out how to direct the program to the previous location on the E: drive, so that I have the same folder structure in my different computers.

I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1909, installed on 2019-08-05 and OS build 18363.476.

I would appreciate any help with this annoying problem.

Best regards

Francisco

:)

FrasseLacerda, Nov 21, 2019

2. OneDrive won't synchronize a folder with a large number of files

There were several top folders under OneDrive. Some of them were fairly small but still would not synchronize

• C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder1 was very large, and wouldn't synchronize
    • but C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder2 contained only around 1,000 files with total size of a few MB, and it wouldn't synchronize either.
    Previously, I had moved folders into OneDrive a few at a time, and it was all working. Then I moved a group of bigger folders into OneDrive, and then it stopped synchronizing and completely stopped uploading.

Meanwhile, I have moved almost everything out of OneDrive back to my Users\myname\Documents, and OneDrive is working again.

I have Office 365 and OneDrive says 69.1 GB of 1,029 GB cloud storage used. I would estimate that the amount that I had moved into OneDrive but that failed to synchronize was around 100 GB. The total definitely never exceeded 500GB because that's all the
    data that I have.

JohnO'Donnell9, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - "Microsoft OneDrive has stopped working"

Maybe this works (it worked at least for me):

1) Save folders and files from your original OneDrive to another location/disk.

2) Delete all Libraries as suggested in another reply. But, don't restore the Libraries before a reboot.

3) For Windows 10 start taskmgr, click on the Startup tab and right click at OneDrive -> Open File location (C:\Users\Henrik\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive).

4) Copy the Update\OneDriveSetup.exe to another location.

5) Go one level up in the file hierarchy and rename the OneDrive folder (if something locks it, reboot and continue from this step).

6) Reboot, if not already having done that from step 5).

7) Run the previously copied OneDriveSetup.exe (it complains...) and select your folders to synchronize.

8) Restore Libraries back to default.

Have fun...

/Henrik

EDIT: However, icon-images for your OneDrive folders are somehow lost, until next reboot.

HenrikBach1, Nov 21, 2019
  4. OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far

1. OneDrive stopped synchronizing to the local folder it had been working with so far - Similar Threads - OneDrive stopped synchronizing

2. I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...: Until a couple of minutes ago, I was able to keep a copy of some folders locally and in a external hardrive connected at a local network at homeYou opened a folder on the net, then on right click ther was an option like "Synchronize" so a hard copy was available at your...
  3. I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just lost the icon to synchronize folders from a local network so files are...: Until a couple of minutes ago, I was able to keep a copy of some folders locally and in a external hardrive connected at a local network at homeYou opened a folder on the net, then on right click ther was an option like "Synchronize" so a hard copy was available at your...
  4. Synchronization of Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synchronization of Folders: I have been trying to configure the latest version of Google Drive for Desktop which was formerly called Backup and Sync but have not been able to reach the intended goal. Can someone explain step by step how to achieve the following?Synchronize a certain folder on one...
  5. Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far

Cant delete this folder - nothing works so far: Hi, I've tried reboot in safe mode, cmd.exe, orbit unlocker, AVG shred, sfc/scandisk, chkdsk....nothing can get rid of this stupid folder. It was created by camtasia studio 9 after rendering a video. There is no folder code for it in cmd either in administrator or...
  6. OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC

OneDrive - not synchronizing with PC: From a local Win 10 ver 1903 build 18362.387 and a Win 10 ver 1903 build 18990.1 cannot save changes to documents error code, file is in use by another user. This is happening for hundreds of documents. I am the only user. I cannot make and save changes from the PC....
  7. OneDrive and synchronization

OneDrive and synchronization: Hello I use onedrive to work on excell files. I use two PC in different localization and my friend use this files but only to read on third device ( he do not make any changes). There are no problem with internet connection there. If in futhure there will be some problem i...
  8. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  9. Synchronize Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Synchronize Folders: Is there any simple way to synchronize folders on the same drive? On two different drives on same PC? On two different networked PCs? 19322
  10. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...