Windows 10: OneDrive stops running all by itself

Discus and support OneDrive stops running all by itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It started without my noticing. OneDrive no longer synced my files. I noticed that the OD icon was missing from the taskbar. I restarted OD, only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Computer Hypnotist, Jun 19, 2024.

1. OneDrive stops running all by itself

It started without my noticing. OneDrive no longer synced my files. I noticed that the OD icon was missing from the taskbar. I restarted OD, only to have it quit on its own. And it continues to refuse to stay running to this day regardless of what I’ve done.Here’s what I did to try to fix this issue, all were unsuccessfulReset OD 3 times.Delete OD and reinstalled it ver 24.111.0602.0003Disabled both MS Defender and MalwarebytesContacted MS support on June 6. Tech US based was great, even did a screen-share, but admitted this was beyond his abilities. Elevated the issue to te

:)

The Computer Hypnotist, Jun 19, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 19, 2024
  4. OneDrive stops running all by itself

Windows 10 - OneDrive

W10Privacy utility. Option to permanently stop OneDrive from starting up.

lemonadesoda, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

OneDrive stops running all by itself

1. OneDrive stops running all by itself - Similar Threads - OneDrive stops running

2. Has OneDrive crapped itself and lost all my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has OneDrive crapped itself and lost all my files?: I'm pretty worried that I've trusted OneDrive to keep a secure copy of my files. My day has been getting progressively worse as I try to resolve this situation.So after unlinking, reinstalling, and trying to log in again after the app stuck at signing in, I'm still stuck at...
  3. Has OneDrive crapped itself and lost all my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has OneDrive crapped itself and lost all my files?: I'm pretty worried that I've trusted OneDrive to keep a secure copy of my files. My day has been getting progressively worse as I try to resolve this situation.So after unlinking, reinstalling, and trying to log in again after the app stuck at signing in, I'm still stuck at...
  4. OneDrive stops running all by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stops running all by itself: It started without my noticing. OneDrive no longer synced my files. I noticed that the OD icon was missing from the taskbar. I restarted OD, only to have it quit on its own. And it continues to refuse to stay running to this day regardless of what I’ve done.Here’s what I did...
  5. stop OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop OneDrive: I have already unlinked my computer Lenovo Windows 11 but when I create a new folder it is still created within the OneDrive structure on my c drive. When I try to copy the files and/or folders, I am prevented from doing so.How do I stop OneDrive from controlling my computer?...
  6. How to stop Onedrive enabled itself again and again?

How to stop Onedrive enabled itself again and again?: Hi, everyone. I want to ask for you to tell me the ways of stopping enable itself again and again. I disabled Onedrive in quick access by using the registry keys as following successfully. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}]...
  7. How to stop Onedrive enabled itself again and again?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Onedrive enabled itself again and again?: Hi, everyone. I want to ask for you to tell me the ways of stopping enable itself again and again. I disabled Onedrive in quick access by using the registry keys as following successfully. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}]...
  8. Stopping OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping OneDrive: How do I stop OneDrive from backing up my computer. I cannot use my own backup drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-onedrive/8db01a51-f6a7-4bbf-8acd-019fc5b8e55e
  9. Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos

Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos: Hi, the Photos app has indexed all my pictures in the onedrive-Folder. OK. Then I made them "Online available" to safe disk space. Every week, onedrive begins to download all my pictures. This are 200 GB of data. It seems, the photos app tries to reindex all the...
  10. Onedrive not running

Onedrive not running: Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did. I looked under GPedit and the four onedrive items are set as not...