Windows 10: OneDrive storage limit questions

Discus and support OneDrive storage limit questions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am suddenly receiving a message that I have exceeded my OneDrive storage limit. My current plan shows as 15 GB, and my storage shows 49.2 GB used of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardLee, Jan 2, 2019.

1. EdwardLee Win User

OneDrive storage limit questions

I am suddenly receiving a message that I have exceeded my OneDrive storage limit. My current plan shows as 15 GB, and my storage shows 49.2 GB used of 30 GB. Two questions...

1. Why am I getting this warning all of a sudden? I have not added any new files to my OneDrive, so I've almost certainly been over the 30GB limit for a long time. So, why now?

2. The only option I can find to add more storage is $1.99/month for 50 GB. I am obviously going to need more than 50 GB. Is 50 GB the maximum storage I can get?

Thanks!

:)

EdwardLee, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits

Read more: Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 2, 2019
  4. OneDrive storage limit questions

onedrive taking up alot of storage windows phone

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Is your phone up-to-date?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How long has your phone had this issue?
    • Have you tried logging in to OneDrive via Edge or other browser to check if the data is still available? You can compare the used storage from the one you're seeing on OneDrive app.
    • Have you tried to check your phone storage to check how your phone storage space is being used? Go to
      Settings > Storage sense > Phone > Apps + games >
      look for OneDrive app, take a screenshot and attach it to your reply.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive storage limit questions

1. OneDrive storage limit questions - Similar Threads - OneDrive storage limit

2. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  3. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  4. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive over storage limit message

OneDrive over storage limit message: Hello,I'm getting a OneDrive message that I'm over my storage limit of 5 GB however I'm only using 3.08 GB. A few weeks ago I archived quite a few files to my external HDD when my use exceeded 5 GB. How do I resolve the OneDrive message? Thanks,Monty...
  6. OneDrive over storage limit message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive over storage limit message: Hello,I'm getting a OneDrive message that I'm over my storage limit of 5 GB however I'm only using 3.08 GB. A few weeks ago I archived quite a few files to my external HDD when my use exceeded 5 GB. How do I resolve the OneDrive message? Thanks,Monty...
  7. OneDrive over storage limit message

8. ISO storage limits

ISO storage limits: I've been trying to copy modified files into my windows 11 ISO, but it says I don't have enough space to copy. I've looked as hard as I could on the internet, but I can't find how to increase storage limits on ISO files. Help would be much appreciated....
  9. Storage limit

Storage limit: I dont understand why my laptop has a limit of 29.1GB...Thats the size of a phones storage. I even have game limits. Im using a stream 11 and i have updated everything but my storage is still the same. Wasn't it supposed to give me 3GB more? Someone please help me...
  10. Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft mistakenly caps some users' OneDrive storage limits: Microsoft mistakenly capped some Office 365 users' OneDrive cloud storage at one terabyte earlier than promised, but a fix is coming... ...It was a mistake, a Microsoft spokesperson confirmed. Microsoft officials expect to reinstitute previous storage amounts early this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ondrive storage limit

2. i have exceeded my sharing limit OneDrive

3. onedrive storage limit exceeded