Windows 10: OneDrive storage location.

Discus and support OneDrive storage location. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm needing a bit of help here. I have done a clean install of windows 10 Pro on a new SSD ( C Drive ) and using a HDD ( D Drive ) for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony.Taylor67, Jan 27, 2019.

1. OneDrive storage location.

Hey guys,

I'm needing a bit of help here.

I have done a clean install of windows 10 Pro on a new SSD ( C Drive ) and using a HDD ( D Drive ) for storage.

I have linked my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders to D:\ Drive.

Now that I have setup OneDrive, how do I link it so it will only backup and sync them folders on D Drive.

I want to avoid any registry hacks if I can.

Thanks

Tony

:)

Anthony.Taylor67, Jan 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 27, 2019
  3. OneDrive offline storage?

Stardock's Start10 you might have been thinking of the previous Start8 seeing a $3 tag since Start10 is $4.99 at the present time. Here's how the options look.

OneDrive storage location. [​IMG]

And when just now switching over to the W10 option guess where OneDrive was found which you should seen there as well with the default 10 AllApps?!

As far as Location I had an accident some time back where I dragged a temp folder onto the OneDrive icon when trying to cross over that to a second explorer window and didn't know where it ended up! The actual sub folder location which isn't under the AppData where you see a lengthy list of az, bw, cx, etc. small subs having two letter named sub folders those simply being examples as well as a couple of subs for the msu and exe files and configuration while the properties still shows it being under "C:\users\user account\OneDrive".

I verified that being the exact location by opening up a new explorer window to browse right to it and examine the contents.
    Another installation location is under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft OneDrive" simply having an empty sub folder there placed by the Windows installer. That I mention as simply being a record for the Windows installer since it seems to lack any other purpose.

Night Hawk, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

OneDrive storage location.

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive storage location. :(

Frick, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive storage location.

1. OneDrive storage location. - Similar Threads - OneDrive storage location

2. Storage location problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location problems: Hi. I recently got a memory card and moved everything to it. Ever since I changed my apps location I've been facing problems. Whenever I create new files on vscode I get an error message that it can't be saved,same when I try to delete it. Also I am unable to uninstall vscode...
  3. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  4. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  5. OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  6. OneDrive storage

OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  7. Onedrive storage

Onedrive storage: Hi I have 4 x hardrives on my PC a 250 GB ssd C drive for OS and programmes, 1tb HHD D drive for documents, 2Tb SSD E drive for pictures and videos and 2Tb HHD F drive for backups. I have just setup Onedrive to backup my desktop, documents and pictures using F drive but now...
  8. OneDrive location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive location: Is it normal to have OneDrive listed under the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location/abd82960-4a11-4496-865f-cc66eb8cb0ab
  9. onedrive storage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive storage.: hello, I was wondering if it is possible to save/download or import games to the one drive on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/66222e50-7c22-486b-b785-eb972a4dd9b4"
  10. OneDrive Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Location: Hi all, I have a problem that maybe is easy to solve: I run Windows 10 Pro v 1803. 1) I installed OneDrive; it automatically created a OneDrive folder on C. As the OneDrive folder is too large for C, 2) I moved the OneDrive folder from from C to E 3) A bit later I moved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive storaga locations