Windows 10: OneDrive storage

Discus and support OneDrive storage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alaka'i Hennings, Mar 28, 2022.

1. OneDrive storage

How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive?

:)

Alaka'i Hennings, Mar 28, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Frick Win User
    Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown OneDrive storage :(

Frick, Mar 28, 2022
  4. OneDrive storage

OneDrive storage is full

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in uploading the files in OneDrive, which is upgraded to 100 GB.

In this scenario we would suggest you to follow the steps below to reset OneDrive:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run Window.
    2. In the Run Window enter the following: localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset.
    3. Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    4. If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe.

If the issue persists, we do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

You may also refer our
    OneDrive help center
    for further assistance.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive storage

1. OneDrive storage - Similar Threads - OneDrive storage

2. How do I move an app file from Onedrive to my PC storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move an app file from Onedrive to my PC storage?: I downloaded the Electronic Arts app to my computer and for some reason it saved it to my Onedrive. Every time I download something new, it takes up space on my Onedrive. I no longer have storage on my Onedrive so I want to know how I can move the files off of my Onedrive and...
  3. How do I move an app file from Onedrive to my PC storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move an app file from Onedrive to my PC storage?: I downloaded the Electronic Arts app to my computer and for some reason it saved it to my Onedrive. Every time I download something new, it takes up space on my Onedrive. I no longer have storage on my Onedrive so I want to know how I can move the files off of my Onedrive and...
  4. Replacing all Network Drives local storage with OneDrive for whole Company and it's...

Replacing all Network Drives local storage with OneDrive for whole Company and it's...: Situation:C levels have decided to move all of the locally stored and domain NAS stored data to OneDrive, don’t ask me why.The idea is that everyone in the company can go to the Sharepoint site and just use it like a shared network drive.We’ve had to completely stop the...
  5. Replacing all Network Drives local storage with OneDrive for whole Company and it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing all Network Drives local storage with OneDrive for whole Company and it's...: Situation:C levels have decided to move all of the locally stored and domain NAS stored data to OneDrive, don’t ask me why.The idea is that everyone in the company can go to the Sharepoint site and just use it like a shared network drive.We’ve had to completely stop the...
  6. OneDrive has filled my computers storage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has filled my computers storage.: Hello, I love playing games. And I tried to revisit one. However at that moment i got spammed with notifications saying"Downloading From OneDrive" and soon. I was left with only MegaBytes of GigaBytes. 44 of them. I tried deleting all the ergna files, but it gient do...
  7. OneDrive has filled my computers storage.

OneDrive has filled my computers storage.: Hello, I love playing games. And I tried to revisit one. However at that moment i got spammed with notifications saying"Downloading From OneDrive" and soon. I was left with only MegaBytes of GigaBytes. 44 of them. I tried deleting all the ergna files, but it gient do...
  8. Why isnt my onedrive storage being transfered over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt my onedrive storage being transfered over?: Hi, i renewed my subscription and its still showing that red x saying i need more storage, but when i go to the OneDrive app it says 33 gb out of 100 used and my computer been lagging because it isn't updating and usually it fixes automatically so i don't know why its not...
  9. Why isnt my onedrive storage being transfered over?

Why isnt my onedrive storage being transfered over?: Hi, i renewed my subscription and its still showing that red x saying i need more storage, but when i go to the OneDrive app it says 33 gb out of 100 used and my computer been lagging because it isn't updating and usually it fixes automatically so i don't know why its not...
  10. OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.

OneDrive upload FORCING me to purchase more storage.: I have a new PC, One drive was automatically set to upload files from my Documents folder.I installed Starfield, which saves its Data in the Documents folder. so now One drive is trying to upload 152Gb worth of game saves, videos etc. it WILL NOT allow me to unselect the...