Windows 10: OneDrive subfolders

Discus and support OneDrive subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 11, 2019.

1. OneDrive subfolders

I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?

:)

thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 11, 2019
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Aug 11, 2019
  4. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive Issues - Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Roscoe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. I would suggest you to make sure the file path isn't too long.

Example of a file path - C:\Users\<UserName>\Pictures\Saved\2014\January\Holiday\NewYears\Family…

The entire path, including the file name, must contain fewer than 255 characters. Shorten the name of your file or the name of subfolders in OneDrive, or select a subfolder that's closer to the top-level folder.

If it doesn't help, then Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup again.
    Follow the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive subfolders ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive subfolders

1. OneDrive subfolders - Similar Threads - OneDrive subfolders

2. Is one OneDrive worth keeping?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is one OneDrive worth keeping?: If I uninstall OneDrive, are the files it contains removed from my PC? I've read that OneDrive offers only 5GB of free storage space, after which users have to pay; it hardly seems worth using seeing as I already use Google Drive, and it offers 15GB of free storage space....
  3. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive: Good morning everyone. The error I am getting is : Mircrosoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript or scripts are being blocked. To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browsers...
  4. How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?: I recently ported my entire photo library onto my laptop from my phone. There are several thousand pictures that now download automatically from iCloud periodically. The problem is that OneDrive is trying to automatically upload these photos to my OneDrive Account, and...
  5. Onedrive "folder backup" function - how does it work in practice?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive "folder backup" function - how does it work in practice?: Dear Experts, I was very happy when I've read on the net that MS introduced a backup functionality to OneDrive to make a backup of local Documents folder (C:\Users\users\Documents). My understanding was that these would be directly copied to the cloud without moving them to...
  6. New Microsoft OneDrive app version 5.37 for Android - August 20

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft OneDrive app version 5.37 for Android - August 20: Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your Android device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are....
  7. Understanding OneDrive - are there 2 copies on C drive?

Understanding OneDrive - are there 2 copies on C drive?: I recently bought my first Windows 10 laptop and Office 365 Personal. OneDrive has been uploading my documents automatically (it's taking days). This is fine but I'm trying to understand the storage details. In fileexplorer the files on the C drive seem duplicated in both...
  8. Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print Screen key on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Is your Print Screen Hotkey not working? Maybe OneDrive or some other program has taken it over. If you cannot set a Hotkey & you see a message, The hotkey is in use by another program, Do you want to [...] This post Stop OneDrive from taking over the Print...
  9. OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.

OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.: File Explorer tree shows blue OneDrive folder w/ std folders; Downloads, My Documents, Pictures, etc. However, within My Document folder there is ANOTHER OneDrive folder w/ what appears many of the same files. Comparing the hundreds of folders would take forever. What's...
  10. OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders: We recently upgraded the OS of our old Win7 desktop to Windows 10. This came with OneDrive, and we decided to put all our photos on OneDrive, to save space (which I since discovered it doesn't do). So we transferred all our photos, saved in several folders and subfolders. We...