Windows 10: OneDrive subfolders

Discus and support OneDrive subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 11, 2019.

1. OneDrive subfolders

I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?

:)

thecurmudgeon(2), Aug 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 11, 2019
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Aug 11, 2019
  4. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive Issues - Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Roscoe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. I would suggest you to make sure the file path isn't too long.

Example of a file path - C:\Users\<UserName>\Pictures\Saved\2014\January\Holiday\NewYears\Family…

The entire path, including the file name, must contain fewer than 255 characters. Shorten the name of your file or the name of subfolders in OneDrive, or select a subfolder that's closer to the top-level folder.

If it doesn't help, then Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup again.
    Follow the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive subfolders ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive subfolders

1. OneDrive subfolders - Similar Threads - OneDrive subfolders

2. OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10: Hello,Every time my Desktop and Documents sync to OneDrive, OneDrive creates a subfolder called Desktop on my Desktop, i.e., Desktop > Desktop. The subfolder is empty. The full path to that subfolder is: My computer name\Users\my name\OneDrive\Desktop\file folder, where file...
  3. OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10: Hello,Every time my Desktop and Documents sync to OneDrive, OneDrive creates a subfolder called Desktop on my Desktop, i.e., Desktop > Desktop. The subfolder is empty. The full path to that subfolder is: My computer name\Users\my name\OneDrive\Desktop\file folder, where file...
  4. OneDrive creates a Desktop subfolder on my PC desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos: Hi All!I've created subfolder in Pictures folder on OneDrive and put some photos there. But these photos are not visible neither in Photos OneDrive Web app, nor in Photos Windows app.All other subfolders in Pictures folder are shown in both places - in Photos app in Windows...
  6. Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos

Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos: Hi All!I've created subfolder in Pictures folder on OneDrive and put some photos there. But these photos are not visible neither in Photos OneDrive Web app, nor in Photos Windows app.All other subfolders in Pictures folder are shown in both places - in Photos app in Windows...
  7. Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11. I am attempting to use the screensaver without much luck. I have it pointed to the main OneDrive folder in hopes it would pick up the dozens of subfolders I have within it with all my pictures. 85% of them are not saved locally,...
  8. Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics

Windows 11 - How to use OneDrive Folder subfolders as screensaver pics: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 11. I am attempting to use the screensaver without much luck. I have it pointed to the main OneDrive folder in hopes it would pick up the dozens of subfolders I have within it with all my pictures. 85% of them are not saved locally,...
  9. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...
  10. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive and subfolders