Windows 10: Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

Discus and support Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I installed "Onedrive Backup" on my server. It auto backups my whole server to my Onedrive account. Now I would like to sync just that 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Solidjeuh, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Solidjeuh Win User

Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

Hey all,

I installed "Onedrive Backup" on my server. It auto backups my whole server to my Onedrive account. Now I would like to sync just that 1 folder from my Onedrive to an external drive on my PC. Is that possible?

:)

Solidjeuh, Aug 5, 2019

2. OneDrive Temp Folder

I have my local OneDrive folder on an external drive. My online OneDrive is about 255 GB. The problem is, it is syncing to two folders on my external drive:

1) G:\OneDrive

2_ G:\OneDrive Temp

Obviously, it is taking a very long time to sync to both locations and is doubling the size of the used space on the drive. How do I remove the OneDrive Temp folder?

BillMcAninch, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Caledon Ken, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive

1. Onedrive sync 1 folder on external drive - Similar Threads - Onedrive sync folder

2. Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add folder on external drive to One Drive to sync?: Hello, I have two external drives attached to my Surface and on one of them, I have been keeping my One Drive. On the other, I have a folder full of RAW pics that I'd like to also move to One Drive for back-up. Question: Is there a way to include this folder to One Drive...
  3. How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sync user data folders with those on an external hard drive?: Hi Guys, I have all of my user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos) configured on a separate data partition (D:) to Windows and all of my program files (C:). I also have copies of D: created on a bunch of external hard drives, for security and safety....
  4. OneDrive files/folder sync

OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...
  5. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  6. Syncing Folders from pc and an external hard drive to onedrive business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Folders from pc and an external hard drive to onedrive business: My PC contains 3 folders that backup to one drive - lets say they are on drive C on the pc. Because I have no more storage available on the pc I use an external drive to hold photos and videos etc - lets say that the external hard drive is drive E. I cannot place the...
  7. how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive

how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive: I know that I can copy that folder to onedrive location in my pc, but I want that folder to be in same location and synced with one drive is it possible Say my onedrive is in C/user/sss/one and folder is in d/study/something/folder1 now I need sync folder1 to onedrive...
  8. Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive

Sync files and folders automatically from pc to external hard drive: How can I automatically sync my files and folders between my windows 10 laptop and external drive. Apart from OneDrive, I need to always keep my files and folders in sync between my laptops and external hard drive. I came across SyncToy online but I think it's restricted to...
  9. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  10. One Drive Sync Folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Sync Folders.: I noticed in quick access that one drive has folders in documents & pictures folder, but not in video and music folders. In one drive folder I do have pictures and videos in those folders. So why are they not synced in quick access. Henry [img] 72640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync onedrive with an external drive