Windows 10: OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview

Discus and support OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re excited to announce that the 64-bit OneDrive sync client for Windows is now available as a public preview! We know this has been a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview

We’re excited to announce that the 64-bit OneDrive sync client for Windows is now available as a public preview!

We know this has been a long awaited and highly requested feature, and we're thrilled to make it available for early access. You can now download the 64-bit version for use with OneDrive work, school, and home accounts.

To move from the 32-bit to 64-bit (or vice versa) you'll need to make sure the OneDrive version you install is the same version as you currently have, or newer. For more information, see  What version of OneDrive am I using?

The 64-bit version is the right choice if you plan to use large files, if you have a lot of files, and if you have a computer that's running a 64-bit version of Windows. Computers running 64-bit versions of Windows generally have more resources—such as processing power and memory—than their 32-bit predecessors. Also, 64-bit applications can access more memory than 32-bit applications (up to 18.4 million Petabytes).

Note: The OneDrive 64-bit version is only for AMD64 devices (for ARM64 devices, you should continue to use the 32-bit OneDrive).

For instructions on installing the 64-bit client see Choose between the 64-bit and 32-bit version of OneDrive.

We continue to evolve OneDrive as a place to access, share, and collaborate on all your files in Office 365, keeping them protected and readily accessible on all your devices, anywhere.

You can stay up-to-date on all things via the OneDrive Blog and the OneDrive release notes.
    Check out the new and updated OneDrive documentation.
    Take advantage of end-user training resources on our Office support center.

Thank you again for your support of OneDrive. We look forward to your continued feedback on UserVoice and hope to connect with you at Ignite or another upcoming Microsoft or community-led event.

Thanks for your time reading all about OneDrive,

Ankita Kirti
    OneDrive | Microsoft

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...w/ba-p/2260619

:)

Brink, May 4, 2021

2. OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview

And there we have it... 64-bit version running

OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview [​IMG]

BrianInEngland, May 4, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User

Isn't the issue that "(64-bit) (Preview)" it doesn't show on the "About" tab as it does in your first post - OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview (#2)

sygnus21, May 4, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

OK, i'm on the laptop with Office 365 installed and running. I DL'd the 64 bit installer, ran it. It killed OneDrive by itself and installed the 64 bit OneDrive.

before:

after:

f14tomcat, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive sync 64-bit for Windows now in public preview - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync bit

2. Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP...: Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP NEEDED ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pdf-previewer-is-not-working-now-that-im/f3b5d7c2-1773-4d53-a596-e2e74f8987c9
  3. Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP...: Windows PDF Previewer is NOT WORKING now that I'm syncing my files with OneDrive. HELP NEEDED ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pdf-previewer-is-not-working-now-that-im/f3b5d7c2-1773-4d53-a596-e2e74f8987c9
  4. Windows 10: The 64-bit version of OneDrive is now available for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The 64-bit version of OneDrive is now available for more users: In April, Microsoft confirmed its plan to give the OneDrive program the 64-bit treatment to improve the overall experience on Windows 10. As per a message posted on the admin center, OneDrive 64-bit general availability was delayed until the mid of April and the rollout is...
  5. Visual Studio 2022 64-bit public preview will be released this summer

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2022 64-bit public preview will be released this summer: All of our product development begins and ends with you—whether you posted on Developer Community, filled out a survey, sent us feedback, or took part in a customer study, thank you for helping to continue to steer the product roadmap for Visual Studio. I have...
  6. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  7. onedrive 32 to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive 32 to 64 bit: i'm running w10 64 bit but it seems Onedrive 32 bit. Can I update to 64bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-32-to-64-bit/da7c18ef-4d6d-4074-9252-60cde063e3fc"
  8. Upgrade Analytics Public Preview is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrade Analytics Public Preview is now available: Upgrade Analytics is now available as a Public Preview. You can either add it to an existing OMS workspace or you can sign up for a new OMS workspace with the Upgrade Analytics solution enabled. Data generated by Upgrade Analytics is not counted towards your OMS quota, so...
  9. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...
  10. Office 2016 Public Preview now available

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 Public Preview now available: Over the last 12 months, we’ve transformed Office from a suite of desktop applications to a complete, cross-platform, cross-device solution for getting work done. We’ve expanded the Office footprint to iPad and Android tablets. We’ve upgraded Office experiences on the Mac,...