Windows 10: OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

Discus and support OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This email stated:"To provide the most up-to-date and secure experience on current operating systems, as of January 1, 2022, updates are no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephan', Feb 27, 2022.

1. Stephan' Win User

OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

This email stated:"To provide the most up-to-date and secure experience on current operating systems, as of January 1, 2022, updates are no longer provided for the consumer version of your OneDrive desktop application on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1."Does this affect the OneDrive app being used in conjunction with our Win7 Pro PC using our Microsoft 365 account?It seems like our data is still syncing to the 365 OneDrive.What is the 'Consumer Version'?

:)

Stephan', Feb 27, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

End of support for OneDrive desktop app on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...8/ba-p/2929066

Brink, Feb 27, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 [​IMG]

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, Feb 27, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync app

2. OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1: This email stated:"To provide the most up-to-date and secure experience on current operating systems, as of January 1, 2022, updates are no longer provided for the consumer version of your OneDrive desktop application on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1."Does this affect the OneDrive...
  3. OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync app no longer supported on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1: This email stated:"To provide the most up-to-date and secure experience on current operating systems, as of January 1, 2022, updates are no longer provided for the consumer version of your OneDrive desktop application on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1."Does this affect the OneDrive...
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. Is it possible to make Windows 7, 8 to support FIDO UAF?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to make Windows 7, 8 to support FIDO UAF?: We have plan to develop a FIDO UAF compliance authentication mobile app and server. As I know, Windows 10 claimed to support FIDO UAF. Is it possible to let Windows 7 and 8 to integrate with FIDO UAF app for windows logon? If possible, how to make it happen?...
  7. Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 and IE 8 not supported: I was gifted an older Gateway computer recently. Before doing so, the previous user reverted the OS from Windows 10 back to windows 7 and wiped all the programs he had installed, leaving Internet Explorer 8 as the only browser. Can't say why, I guess he thought he was being...
  8. Windows 10, 8, or 7

Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  9. 7 bsod in 8 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    7 bsod in 8 months: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6L_rJ8Y9QHh06Y8lxtiWAqiBRh?e=ZD4yAm my dmp file above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-bsod-in-8-months/9c230eb4-64cc-4406-aabd-32c48edc2132
  10. 7-8-10

7-8-10: I see many posts of issues with upgrades. I just wanted to share that its not all bad news with respect to 10 upgrades. I cleaned up my windows 8 install a big, removed some software I no longer used, and upgraded my 8.1 to 10 with no issues. Also like to note this is my...