Windows 10: OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

Discus and support OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My company recently switched from Syncplicity to OneDrive. Syncplicity would synchronize my desktops across multiple devices so if I added/modified a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kurt van Veen, Jun 25, 2020.

1. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

My company recently switched from Syncplicity to OneDrive. Syncplicity would synchronize my desktops across multiple devices so if I added/modified a file located on Desktop A, it would sync and be added/modified on Desktop B. I would like to know if OneDrive can do this and how?

All of my desktop items that are documents, shortcuts, etc. not applications have the green checkmark on them on Desktop A but I can't seem to make the same thing happen on Desktop B. I can only see the Desktop A items in C:\Users\XXX\XXX\Desktop in Windows Explorer on Desktop B.

:)

Kurt van Veen, Jun 25, 2020
  2. MT-PMI Win User

OneDrive syncing duplicate folders

OneDrive keeps notifying "duplicate files" but is not saving both folders, cannot even find duplicates and will not stop syncing.

We have this connected to a network with multiple PCs. How to fix the synching issue and duplicate files?

MT-PMI, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

Hi Grant,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting multiple duplicate folders for Documents in the left pane of File Explorer. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to exit OneDrive from Task Manager and System Tray, this will stop OneDrive Syncing. Now backup the contents of the Documents folder and delete the duplicate folders. Restart the computer and open OneDrive to start Syncing again. Now drag and
    drop the Documents folder to OneDrive and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

To exit OneDrive from Task Manager follow these steps:

a. Right-click on Task Bar.

b. Click on Task Manager.

c. Under Processes, right-click on OneDrive
    and click on End Task.

Step 2:

To exit OneDrive from System Tray follow these steps.

a. Right-click on OneDrive icon in System Tray.

b. Click on Exit.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 25, 2020
  4. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

@Nisko,

Are you looking in this place or not?

OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices [​IMG]

titetanium, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices

1. OneDrive - Sync/Duplicate Desktops on Multiple Devices - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync Duplicate

2. Syncing Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  3. Syncing Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Multiple Desktops: Hi!I thought I remembered during the launch of Win11, they mentioned the multiple desktops would now be sync-able across PCs. Is this accurate? If so, how can I enable this, so that the multiple desktops on my laptop sync with my desktop? And further, is there a third-party...
  4. OneDrive Desktop Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Desktop Sync: A user had Job A at PCA and has now moved to Job B at PCB. The Desktop on PCA was synced with OneDrive. We want to sync the Desktop on PCB with OneDrive but keep the Desktops folders separate. How is this done? Thanks for any replies....
  5. Syncing OneDrive to multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing OneDrive to multiple drives: Hello, I store all my files on OneDrive, and sync a subset of folders to my personal PC and a different subset to my work computer. I would like to also sync my entire OneDrive set of folders with one or more external hard drives as a local backup. How do I do this, without...
  6. Onedrive syncing Desktop

Onedrive syncing Desktop: How can I get control over OneDrive. I don't want my Win10 desktop sync'd to another PC via Onedrive. When I try to uncheck it in the "Choose Folders" dialog it says I can't. Anyone figure this out?...
  7. Onedrive desktop sync

Onedrive desktop sync: My PCs no longer sync Desktops to same OneDrive loaction. Why? And how to fix it? I have 4 PC's. Two desktops and two laptops that I use. And an Ipad and an Android phone. So, I need that sync. I like desktop sync. Tnx Bane...
  8. Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices: I have searched the web and searched Microsoft answers which was completely useless about my issue that a number of people seem ot be sharing. I have had well over 100 duplicate media devices, namely my smart TV. I have deleted them tididouly several times and they come back...
  9. Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive

Duplicate files after syncing in Onedrive: Is there any way to get rid of the duplicate file after syncing, other than wasting tons of time making sure your not deleting what you just saved and synced?...
  10. Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers: In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior? [img] 131583