Windows 10: OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

Discus and support OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an annoying sync error problem with OneDrive with files on my desktop that just started happening lately on one of my computers. I use OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TJLocke, Jul 22, 2021.

1. TJLocke Win User

OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

I have an annoying sync error problem with OneDrive with files on my desktop that just started happening lately on one of my computers. I use OneDrive to sync certain folders and files across my computers. I do this for certain folders containing Applications that I write and use. These are located on my Desktop. I have set up OneDrive so that it should not sync Desktop files, but when I drop links or files on my Desktop it try's to sync them to OneDrive and fails resulting in the red X on the file and a reported sync error in my systray. I am baffled as this just started happening a few w

:)

TJLocke, Jul 22, 2021
  2. mystvearn Win User

Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync online?

Previously I synced the locations so from "C:\user\username" to other places on the PC. Previously, I use syncback to syncfolders to Onedrive and other HD's. However, this step is just redundant. When you sync onedrive to the PC, you still need to specify a place on the PC. So from "C:\user\username\ onedrive". Technically, Onedrive still uses a physical place on the PC to store files.
    So what I did is that I specify which part of the onedrive to replace "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Downloads" folder in the quick access. I am having a problem specifying or replacing the Desktop folder. Is it possible to change my native desktop to display directly the desktop on the onedrive online? The only problem I see is application shortcuts. You cannot specify a shortcut to appear on the onedrive folder. Aside from that, I get full autosave function of MS files which is connected to Onedrive. If it is not possible to replace the desktop file, I will still use the same solution with syncback.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mystvearn, Jul 22, 2021
  3. andru Win User
    Onedrive sync errors

I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It gives me the option of restarting Onedrive where I have to login again and chose my sync folder. This happens a few times daily and with different folders each time.
    How can I correct this error as it really is annoying now?

andru, Jul 22, 2021
  4. OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

Hi all,

I am a mac guy who recently moved to windows (I have had it with the man from Cupertino). I am very happy so far.

I just updated this morning to the Creative. After it loaded, I got a message saying A synced folder is missing. Backup and Sync is trying to sync "Desktop" but the folder has either been moved or deleted. It is asking me to Locate it.

Is it talking about the desktop on my PC or the desktop in Onedrive. OR, it is talking about the Desktop on Google Drive as the second dialog suggests. I am very confused. I have too many desktops.

Thanks for your help. I am finding this community to be great!

OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder [​IMG]

JonnyVermont, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder

1. OneDrive Sync error in my Desktop Folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync error

2. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  3. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder from my desktop synced to OneDrive.: I daily sync my one drive. My desktop also synces with it. I am a Minecraft texture pack creator. I created an assets file to make a texture pack on my desktop. When I wanted to delete it, I couldn't. It says I need permission from ASUS/ASUS to make changes to this file. Then...
  6. OneDrive Desktop Sync

OneDrive Desktop Sync: A user had Job A at PCA and has now moved to Job B at PCB. The Desktop on PCA was synced with OneDrive. We want to sync the Desktop on PCB with OneDrive but keep the Desktops folders separate. How is this done? Thanks for any replies....
  7. Onedrive syncing Desktop

Onedrive syncing Desktop: How can I get control over OneDrive. I don't want my Win10 desktop sync'd to another PC via Onedrive. When I try to uncheck it in the "Choose Folders" dialog it says I can't. Anyone figure this out?...
  8. Onedrive desktop sync

Onedrive desktop sync: My PCs no longer sync Desktops to same OneDrive loaction. Why? And how to fix it? I have 4 PC's. Two desktops and two laptops that I use. And an Ipad and an Android phone. So, I need that sync. I like desktop sync. Tnx Bane...
  9. Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible for OneDrive to not sync a certain desktop folder?: Hey guys, I am loving the OneDrive feature and my subscription that allows me to backup all my data on my username without worrying to lose data whenever I format my hard drive. But I seem to be having one problem with this OneDrive feature and it's that I do not know how...
  10. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...