Windows 10: OneDrive Sync Error

Discus and support OneDrive Sync Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally moved the shortcut for Chrome from my desktop to OneDrive. I moved it back, but now it gives me a sync error as it doesn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oldcaprice, Mar 11, 2020.

1. OneDrive Sync Error

I accidentally moved the shortcut for Chrome from my desktop to OneDrive. I moved it back, but now it gives me a sync error as it doesn't have permission to access Chrome.

submitted by /u/oldcaprice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oldcaprice, Mar 11, 2020
  2. andru Win User

Onedrive sync errors

I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It gives me the option of restarting Onedrive where I have to login again and chose my sync folder. This happens a few times daily and with different folders each time.
    How can I correct this error as it really is annoying now?

andru, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 11, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Sync Error

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Sync Error [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Sync Error

1. OneDrive Sync Error - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync Error

2. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  3. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  4. OneDrive Syncing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  5. OneDrive Syncing Error

OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  6. OneDrive sync resulted in a system error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive sync resulted in a system error: After turning on the synchronization of the "Pictures" and "Documents" folders, they were copied to the PC to another new location, and when I canceled the synchronization, they did not return to their place. I tried several times to change their location through the...
  7. OneDrive sync resulted in a system error

OneDrive sync resulted in a system error: After turning on the synchronization of the "Pictures" and "Documents" folders, they were copied to the PC to another new location, and when I canceled the synchronization, they did not return to their place. I tried several times to change their location through the...
  8. OneDrive sync false error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync false error message: I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer. In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted form sync. After I setup OneDrive option to sync. the offline storage with online version, and set excepted folders from sync....
  9. OneDrive Selective Sync Error

OneDrive Selective Sync Error: When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too. Any thoughts? 10831
  10. Onedrive sync errors

Onedrive sync errors: I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It...