Windows 10: OneDrive - Sync iPad and iPhone Pictures to Different Folders

Discus and support OneDrive - Sync iPad and iPhone Pictures to Different Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have OneDrive set up to sync pictures from my iPhone to the Pictures folder in OneDrive. I want to sync pictures from my iPad to a different folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abredt, Oct 23, 2019.

1. abredt Win User

OneDrive - Sync iPad and iPhone Pictures to Different Folders

I have OneDrive set up to sync pictures from my iPhone to the Pictures folder in OneDrive.

I want to sync pictures from my iPad to a different folder in OneDrive.

How do I do that?
    I am running Windows 10 on my Desktop computer if that matters.
    cb

:)

abredt, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

sync. windows calendar with iphone and ipad

Hi Kjeld,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're having issues with syncing Windows calendar with iPhone and iPad. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync it?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on on how to sync across all your devices
    properly.

If the issue still persists, you may try performing the instruction shared by
    Wungraileng Vashi
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot sync
    problems with iPhone/iPad.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 23, 2019
  3. syncing ipad

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to sync your iPad to Windows 10. I will certainly help you with this issue.

First of all I would like to know that if you're trying to sync your Apple iPad to iTunes or your PC?

And also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open iTunes.

• Plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod into your computer using a Lightning cable.

• Click on the Device Tab at the top of iTunes to make sure you're viewing your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

• Click each tab on the left pane for Music, Movies, TV Shows, and Photos.

• Click to enable or disable sync of media types, and pick what to sync. This can be as specific as certain artists, latest shows, or specific file folders. Criteria vary by media type.

• Click the Sync button at the bottom when you're finished.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know the results.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Oct 23, 2019
  4. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Sync iPad and iPhone Pictures to Different Folders - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync iPad

2. Onedrive not syncing to iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not syncing to iphone: Suddenly, Onedrive stopped syncing with Onedrive on my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-not-syncing-to-iphone/9b4f004b-a82f-4c10-8a37-2535475122a7
  3. Onedrive not syncing to iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not syncing to iphone: Suddenly, Onedrive stopped syncing with Onedrive on my iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-not-syncing-to-iphone/9b4f004b-a82f-4c10-8a37-2535475122a7
  4. Syncing ipad, iphone and windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing ipad, iphone and windows 10 laptop: Im having a problem trying to get my laptop to sync with my os devices. The calendars, emails and photos dont sync across all three devices. Have tried all methods shown and nothing seems to work fully. At the moment the email and calendar accounts, hotmail, sky and iCloud...
  5. Syncing ipad, iphone and windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing ipad, iphone and windows 10 laptop: Im having a problem trying to get my laptop to sync with my os devices. The calendars, emails and photos dont sync across all three devices. Have tried all methods shown and nothing seems to work fully. At the moment the email and calendar accounts, hotmail, sky and iCloud...
  6. iPad and iPhone folders move

in Windows 10 Support
    iPad and iPhone folders move: Wonder if there is a way to move Ipad/Iphone folders to another location? [img] Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2004, 19041.508) Version: 10.0.1904 Thanks 165745
  7. Stop laptop syncing photos to ipad and iphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop laptop syncing photos to ipad and iphone: How do I stop my windows laptop from syncing my photos to my ipad and iphone. I only wish to keep my photos on the laptop but the laptop automatically syncs to my ipad and iphone. Since then my ipad is out of storage and my iphone keeps crashing....
  8. Sync Pictures to 2 Different Folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Pictures to 2 Different Folders in OneDrive: I have OneDrive set up to sync pictures from my iPhone to the Pictures folder in OneDrive. I want to sync pictures from my iPad to a different folder in OneDrive. How do I do that? I am running Windows 10 on my Desktop computer if that matters. cb...
  9. OneDrive sync of Pictures library with multiple different folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive sync of Pictures library with multiple different folders: Hi, I have my pictures library set up across multiple folders. If i enable sync as described in https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-your-documents-pictures-and-desktop-folders-with-onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057 only those that reside in the...
  10. New Office and OneDrive features for iPad and iPhone

in Windows 10 News
    New Office and OneDrive features for iPad and iPhone: More and more, people around the world are working on the go, changing locations and devices as they create and collaborate with others throughout their day. As they work across their PCs, Macs and mobile devices, they expect an uncompromised experience that is familiar yet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync iphone calendar through onedrive

2. onedrive location picture sync iphone

3. one drive different devices load to different folders