Windows 10: OneDrive Sync issues

Discus and support OneDrive Sync issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Larry Confused, May 30, 2023.

1. OneDrive Sync issues

I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as my internet is unreliable. I want OneDrive to keep files in sync WITHOUT putting a second copy of my files on my hard drives. Any suggestions?Also, is it possible to somehow sync the two different my documents folders on my computers? In trying to work with OneDrive, it has now created at least 4 different copies of my documents. I have missing files, lost files, just a mess in general. I like the idea of OneDrive, except I must have my

:)

Larry Confused, May 30, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive Sync issues 28714d1485953804t-onedrive-sync-issue-2015-08-06_00h31_38.png

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

3. Golden Win User
    OneDrive Perpetual Syncing Issue

OK.

I have a wild suggestion : have you tried creating a new normal user, then testing the OneDrive sync with the new user profile? Im just guessing here.

Golden, May 30, 2023
  4. Boice Win User

OneDrive Sync issues

Onedrive Issues and Syncing

I haven't tried to do it cuz now I use a web app to sync files from OneDrive. But there's an instruction that may give a help for reinstallation in Windows 10 which I saw before:
    1. Restart your PC before reinstalling. Once restarted, navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe
    USERNAME is the username of the administrator account. You may need to enable Hidden Items in File Explorer to see this location.

OneDrive Sync issues 79480d1485966929t-onedrive-issues-syncing-6-reinstall.png

2. The installer will begin to run and you'll be prompted to login to your Microsoft account. You may take part in two-factor authentication as well.

OneDrive Sync issues 79481d1485966929t-onedrive-issues-syncing-8-install_thumb.png

3. You'll be asked where to place the default OneDrive folder. If you didn't change this folder previously, it will be the same and you'll be asked to confirm its location.

OneDrive Sync issues 79482d1485966929t-onedrive-issues-syncing-9-sync_thumb.png

4. Once installed, OneDrive will begin syncing anything you changed online with your offline files and vice versa.

Boice, May 30, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive Sync issues

1. OneDrive Sync issues - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync issues

2. OneDrive Sync issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Sync issues: I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as my internet is unreliable. I want OneDrive to keep files in sync WITHOUT putting a second copy of my files on my hard drives....
  3. OneDrive Sync issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync issues: I work with 3 computers. Two Mac's and one PC with Win 10. I want to keep all my files in sync. But I need them stored on each of the 3 hard drives as my internet is unreliable. I want OneDrive to keep files in sync WITHOUT putting a second copy of my files on my hard drives....
  4. onedrive syncing issue

onedrive syncing issue: i am a technical support engineer and i have a laptop for a user which has red X on documents and can't sync onedrive still saying " looking for changes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing-issue/a23f0aa5-6840-425d-ac0b-4f07adf951b1
  5. onedrive syncing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive syncing issue: i am a technical support engineer and i have a laptop for a user which has red X on documents and can't sync onedrive still saying " looking for changes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing-issue/a23f0aa5-6840-425d-ac0b-4f07adf951b1
  6. OneDrive Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Sync Issues: I have 6 OneDrive Sync issues, many game save folders are listed for their save files, but also folders like IIS Express and Visual Studio since I am a developer. I have followed every suggestion I can see. I removed from OneDrive and tried to let it re-sync, I removed from...
  7. OneDrive syncing issue

OneDrive syncing issue: I set up OneDrive on my external hard disk Seagate Backup Plus 4TB to sync my music folder. It synced 522GB/714GB. I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909. Since then it has beenstuck. I tried resetting OneDrive through %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to no avail. I...
  8. Sync issue in OneDrive

Sync issue in OneDrive: I have a folder with photos on my One Drive, which I shared with a family member. But he accidentally dragged this photo folder into another one on his OneDrive, then he dragged it back. However OneDrive started duplicating this folder in the shared folder. After that when I...
  9. OneDrive Sync Issue

OneDrive Sync Issue: Dear Friends, My OneDrive tray icon tells me there is an error syncing a file on my computer: [ATTACH] I have tried deleting the folder and renaming it and this is what happens: [IMG] I have tried signing out and back in again as well. The flickering icon in the...
  10. Onedrive Issues and Syncing

Onedrive Issues and Syncing: i have been using Ondrive and it has been working well but now all of a sudden we cannot get material from the cloud to sync on the computer we are using. the Onedrive icon is still in the file explorer but the information is not coming back down from the cloud. i have...