Windows 10: OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely

Discus and support OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I need to do a OneDrive sync with many files, it kills my WiFi connection. I have seen others complain about this too. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ETali, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ETali Win User

OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely

Every time I need to do a OneDrive sync with many files, it kills my WiFi connection.

I have seen others complain about this too.

Does anyone know what can be done to mitigate or fix this?

Thank you

:)

ETali, Nov 13, 2019
  2. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Nov 13, 2019
  3. mynit Win User

The router is a Sagemcom B-Box 3 running the ISP's software. It does not have user-accessible logs but I can see what devices are currently connected. When the computer loses internet access, it still shows in the list of connected devices, as I would expect.

The available IPv4 pool is 192.168.1.2-63 and I statically assigned 192.168.1.63 for that last test.

The computer is an HP Elitebook 8460P with a Broadcom BCM43XX wifi adapter. The driver is the latest version.

mynit, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Superfly Win User

OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely

Well after trying everything you have I gave up and got a new card (doesn't help you much as you have a notebook)

But got this today PCE-AX58BT | Networking | ASUS Global and it's been stellar - no lags or drops

Superfly, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive sync makes computer's internet slow down and then lose WiFi connection entirely - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync makes

2. wireless connection slows down internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless connection slows down internet connection: When the laptop is connected to our internal network, our speeds drop to almost zero. The wireless driver appears to be up to date and working properly. Any solution?...
  3. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

Wifi loses internet connection after a while: My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is...
  4. Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's internet slows down when connected to wifi: All the other devices connected to the wifi works just fine but the internet on my laptop is super slow. When I try running speed test it goes to a certain speed and stops and gives me an error. The are no issues if I connect it to my mobile hotspot. I tried scanning the...
  5. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  6. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  7. OneDrive slow sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive slow sync: My broadband is 240Mbps, no throttleing but Onedrive is only downloading at 100kbps. Any reason for this. 126961
  8. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  9. Lose Internet connection after shutting computer down everytime

Lose Internet connection after shutting computer down everytime: Lately when I shut my computer down and turn it on again I will lose both Wifi/LAN connections. Each time I do the CMD netsh int ip reset it give me Resetting the TCP/IP stack results in the following information: netsh int ipv4 reset Resetting interface, OK! Resetting...
  10. Windows 10 loses internet randomly, then entire house cannot connect

Windows 10 loses internet randomly, then entire house cannot connect: Hello, I'm new here, but not new to computers. I appreciate any help, and apologize if there have been similar posts, but I have done a lot of searching and have not been able to find my specific problem elsewhere. I have been having this problem for a while now, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 onedrive kills internet