Windows 10: Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

Discus and support Onedrive Sync Overlays missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear, thank you for your attention! In one of my users there are some files in a synced folder without the green mark, but some files have it. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AGomes#, May 15, 2019.

1. AGomes# Win User

Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

Dear, thank you for your attention!

In one of my users there are some files in a synced folder without the green mark, but some files have it. All files are synced and the icon in the taskbar is OK.

We are using 19.062.0331.0006, but on Win 10 1703 - no Sync On Demand thus.

I would appreciate any help you can give!

:)

AGomes#, May 15, 2019

2. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, May 15, 2019
  3. Onedrive for business sync icon overlay in Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi RaizelX,

I have done the test in Server 2012 R2 on my side, but as you can see the following images, the sync icon overlay can be displayed without issue:

Onedrive Sync Overlays missing 07d9eb39-8cbc-43b8-8817-a375cdf54af0?upload=true.png

To address your concern, we would suggest you check Sync icon overlays are
    missing from OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
    , see if it the wizard provided in this article can help in your scenario.

Regards,

Alex Chen

Alex Chen MSFT, May 15, 2019
  4. borgus Win User

OneDrive Explorer green checkmarks missing

The green check mark overlay icons for OneDrive Explorer folders are missing. Below, how they should look...

OneDrive has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The PC has been rebooted. Sync is working fine.

There are no folders for OneDrive (or any other app) listed under this registry key...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdent ifiers
    (On another PC there are seven OneDrive folders shown under that key, and two additional folders.)

How can the overlay check marks be restored?

borgus, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Onedrive Sync Overlays missing - Similar Threads - Onedrive Sync Overlays

2. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  3. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  4. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays: I use Dropbox and do not use OneDrive. In order to ensure the Dropbox folder overlays are displayed, I need to delete the registry entries for the OneDrive folder overlays because they appear above have a higher priority than the Dropbox overlays. That's fine, but EVERY TIME...
  6. OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays

OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays: I use Dropbox and do not use OneDrive. In order to ensure the Dropbox folder overlays are displayed, I need to delete the registry entries for the OneDrive folder overlays because they appear above have a higher priority than the Dropbox overlays. That's fine, but EVERY TIME...
  7. Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive: I have recently set up syncing from my Samsung S10 to Onedrive. Now I am missing all of my Camera Gallery photos - I am left only with my screenshots. The actual photos are on Onedrive now. How do I get them back on to my phone?...
  8. Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive

Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive: I have recently set up syncing from my Samsung S10 to Onedrive. Now I am missing all of my Camera Gallery photos - I am left only with my screenshots. The actual photos are on Onedrive now. How do I get them back on to my phone?...
  9. OneDrive overlay on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive overlay on desktop icons: I have some - not all - desktop icons that have what I think is the OneDrive overlay on them, a white circle with a tick. And, I'd like to remove the overlay. I know there are techniques for doing that, I'm just wondering why they're so hard to get rid of. The icons are all...
  10. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Backup Status Overlays...: Good Day, For a while my Overlays stopped appearing on my files (I use Norton 360). I did everything the chat boards recommended to get them back but nothing worked. The files are being backed up; I checked the backup drive for several files and they are there and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is located ShellIconOverlayIdent