Windows 10: OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data

Discus and support OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bjidotoo, Dec 11, 2023.

1. bjidotoo Win User

OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data

Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in my local onedrive folders. Quite a few sync icons are pending status and I have tried several things except resetting, but no luck.My question is, what does the reset command do? Although I have my local backup system to the external hard drive, it's would be several hours of recovery work that I don't want to deal with. I

:)

bjidotoo, Dec 11, 2023
  2. bro67 Win User

Using OneDrive as cloud storage only - no local copies

Actually it is local files mirrored to your Cloud Drive. If you need more space, you are going to have to use either a external drive on your network or a bigger drive in your computer. If you stop syncing to your local folder, you will have to use just the OneDrive Cloud folder and will risk losing any data if you lose connection, while working with a file.

bro67, Dec 11, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Dec 11, 2023
  4. markg2 Win User

Onedrive 'x' sync status problem

Office 365/Win10

I've developed an 'x' in the status column adjacent to several folders/files on the local instance of \Onedrive.

I've unlinked Onedrive, deleted any local 0KB files and found none to delete on the server. I relinked the account but the 'x's' are still there.

I then attempted to uninstall Onedrive "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall" and then install "%Systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe". That didn't work. The installer said Onedrive was still installed.

So before I reboot and try that again I thought I'd run the problem by you all.

Any suggestions?

Mark

markg2, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

1. OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync problem

2. OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data: Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in...
  3. OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync problem cannot afford losing a local data: Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in...
  4. OneDrive sync problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync problem: Hello,I'm having a sync problem. It must be well discussed, but I don't seem to find the answer in the community.I noticed that the sync stopped a few weeks ago. I went to the OneDrive account through a browser and cannot find many of my latest files and folders that are in...
  5. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  6. Onedrive sync problem

Onedrive sync problem: Hi, I'm having a strange problem with onedrive, v19.192.0926.0012 on W10 pro. It has worked fine until just recently. I use sequential numbered folders for my projects, and it has stopped syncing the latest ones (about 600 total folders). I make them on the W10 desktop...
  7. OneDrive Syncing Problem

OneDrive Syncing Problem: OneDrive keeps trying to sync log files that are open by Tableau Desktop. I excluded the folder from syncing in the settings, paused and restarted syncing, even stopped syncing and started it again, but OneDrive is still trying to sync the files in the folder. P.S. I am...
  8. cannot to sync data in OneDrive

cannot to sync data in OneDrive: I cannot sync data in OneDrive and my computer requires that I contact my system administrator to enable sync. I am a system administrator on my home computer but I don’t know what I can do to fix this issue....
  9. Issues Syncing data with Onedrive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues Syncing data with Onedrive: Dears, recently my colleague replace his laptop, he had around 70 Gb of data. We copy all data to new laptop, and start to sync with Onedrive, however after the sync finished, he his unable to find some files, and got this message However if he goes to Onedrive...
  10. OneDrive Sync problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Sync problem: I don't like that onedrive sync my files, documents and other folder administrated for me in my PC computer, How to resolving this problem?, so that only to sync files in Onedrive and no in my PC (Document or Desktop. Please somebody help me. Thank you..........