Windows 10: OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade

Discus and support OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have issues with onedrive sync and MS doesnt avail help anymore, only an email!!! i have a paid subscription so i have 1TB of data. I have a avg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wisdom1234567890, Jun 28, 2021.

1. OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade

I have issues with onedrive sync and MS doesnt avail help anymore, only an email!!! i have a paid subscription so i have 1TB of data. I have a avg connection - 50mbps, so downloading appx 500GB of data after a clean install on a new PC was NOT an option, so i kept a copy ogf the already downlaoded and local files on an my 4TB D:\ drive and pointed the Onedrive to that location after relaoding a clean install on a new PC. This I have done before, all good. this time, I am three weeks into the new install and its still switching between "processing" and "up to date" no, it is not downloading

:)

wisdom1234567890, Jun 28, 2021

2. OneDrive missing after Windows 10 upgrade

Follow these steps:

1. Open %localappdata% (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local) then go to Microsoft\OneDrive\Update
    2. Execute OneDriveSetup.exe
    3. Wait until the installer successfully installs OneDrive. If you ever used OneDrive on your computer, it will log in, appear in system tray and start syncing automatically.

Vladislav Toncharov, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 28, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade

1. OneDrive Sync / Win10 Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync Win10

2. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  3. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  4. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  5. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  6. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  7. How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?: On my previous computer I had OneDrive personal and OneDrive for Business co-existing. I just got a new Windows 10 PC and it has my OneDrive for Business set up on it. I'm unable to start (install?) OneDrive sync personal on it. In the search bar if I type in OneDrive the...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Upgrading to Win10 Pro: I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very much. 36545