Windows 10: OneDrive sync.

Discus and support OneDrive sync. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Gosling, Aug 8, 2018.

1. OneDrive sync.

I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something so wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows. After having done this I found I still had the problem. Upon further investigation, it turns out it was the keyboard causing all the faults so had to buy another. It is now OK.

Anyway, I now find that all my PC documents are synching with OneDrive Docs. I don't want this. photos is ok but not docs. I have forgotten how to un-sync these folders. Can someone please remind me?

:)

Tim Gosling, Aug 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive sync. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync.

Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

Read more: Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive sync.

1. OneDrive sync. - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync

2. Files not syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  3. Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive

Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive: I recently had to do a system re-bootr on my windows 10 PC. When i re-installed one drive I ended up with 2 copies of the same. One shows the blue cloud under status, and the other does not. Am I safe to delete the copy that does not have the blue cloud without deleting all...
  4. Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents"

Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents": I am using OneDrive to sync documents. I linked the Documents folder to OneDrive and it is synced. The problem is that many applications are using the folder "User/Documents", so the data of them is synced to OneDrive too. But I don't want to sync them. How to deal with this...
  5. OneDrive Sync Issue

OneDrive Sync Issue: Dear Friends, My OneDrive tray icon tells me there is an error syncing a file on my computer: [ATTACH] I have tried deleting the folder and renaming it and this is what happens: [IMG] I have tried signing out and back in again as well. The flickering icon in the...
  6. Files can't be synced with OneDrive

Files can't be synced with OneDrive: Hello, I've used Boxcryptor and Microsoft's OneDrive for several years without seeing this message from OneDrive on my Windows 10 (latest OS & updates, and latest OneDrive and Boxcryptor) desktop (new computer). The new computer uses an SSD drive rather than a traditional...
  7. How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?

How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?: On my previous computer I had OneDrive personal and OneDrive for Business co-existing. I just got a new Windows 10 PC and it has my OneDrive for Business set up on it. I'm unable to start (install?) OneDrive sync personal on it. In the search bar if I type in OneDrive the...
  8. Use symbolic links (mklink) to sync OneDrive, does it still work?

Use symbolic links (mklink) to sync OneDrive, does it still work?: I've been using symbolic links (mklink/d) to sync files in my computer to onedrive and it has been doing good. However, it didn't work a fee weeks ago and i've tried all methods, e.g. unlink to this computer and link again, check windows updates etc. But none of them worked....
  9. OneDrive slow sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive slow sync: My broadband is 240Mbps, no throttleing but Onedrive is only downloading at 100kbps. Any reason for this. 126961
  10. OneDrive Sync problem!

OneDrive Sync problem!: OneDrive has added Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders to my OneDrive after I made Windows reset. I don't want to sync them, I sometimes have really large files on my desktop, this ain't normal. OneDrive shouldn't choose what to sync!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive differential sync