Windows 10: OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...

Discus and support OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the same OneDrive account logged into two laptops where I only open the program to sync files manually. I was wondering what would happen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Felix Kwok, Sep 23, 2022.

1. OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...

I have the same OneDrive account logged into two laptops where I only open the program to sync files manually. I was wondering what would happen in this scenario:I make a new file on one laptop and then manually open OneDrive on the other laptop that doesn't have that file to sync/upload all the existing files there.If I manually open OneDrive on the laptop with that un-synced file and upload the files from my other laptop, will that un-synced file get deleted along with any other file that isn't in the OneDrive database?Does OneDrive only upload what was synced and will delete ANY file that i

:)

Felix Kwok, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 23, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with... [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Cherokee Win User

OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...

Windows10 Personal Files and Onedrive not Syncing

Thank you - image seems to say all is OK , but it is NOT syncing !

OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with... SyTYrXG.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Panic over, with over 400 views and only 1 reply, after some effort I have solved it myself.
    All files now in Onedrive cloud and are syncing OK.

Cherokee, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...

1. OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with... - Similar Threads - OneDrive Syncing Question

2. OneDrive says I'm out of data and won't sync but I can't change the files it syncs and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive says I'm out of data and won't sync but I can't change the files it syncs and I...: My OneDrive suddenly indicated I had no storage room left without any warnings or emails as it sounds like it should from what I read on line. I'm not very familiar with OneDrive and really don't even want to use it. I turned it off but missed having immediate access to my...
  3. OneDrive says I'm out of data and won't sync but I can't change the files it syncs and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive says I'm out of data and won't sync but I can't change the files it syncs and I...: My OneDrive suddenly indicated I had no storage room left without any warnings or emails as it sounds like it should from what I read on line. I'm not very familiar with OneDrive and really don't even want to use it. I turned it off but missed having immediate access to my...
  4. OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Syncing Question - If I have files on a computer that I'm going to get synced with...: I have the same OneDrive account logged into two laptops where I only open the program to sync files manually. I was wondering what would happen in this scenario:I make a new file on one laptop and then manually open OneDrive on the other laptop that doesn't have that file to...
  5. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  6. Sync OneDrive files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync OneDrive files to a new computer: So I bought a new computer. My old one has my files backed up through OneDrive. Everything is syncing to the OneDrive folder on the new machine but I want the files to sync to the Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. The settings in OneDrive to choose folders are checked off...
  7. Onedrive will not sync files on both computers

Onedrive will not sync files on both computers: I have two computers, both running Windows 10. I have a paid Onedrive account with 100 GB of storage that has plenty of available storage. Onedrive is set up on both computers using the same account. The problem is I can only get the files on one computer to sync files to...
  8. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  9. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  10. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...