Windows 10: OneDrive System Tray App Resolution

Discus and support OneDrive System Tray App Resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 4K display. The OneDrive app that runs in my System Tray used to display appropriately when opened. Recently, I had to step down my resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WAFKT, Oct 13, 2018.

1. WAFKT Win User

OneDrive System Tray App Resolution

I have a 4K display. The OneDrive app that runs in my System Tray used to display appropriately when opened. Recently, I had to step down my resolution to 1920 x 1080 to record my screen, and maintain a reasonable file size and more practical resolution. When I reverted back to my 4K resolution, the OneDrive app now appears HUGE! I can't seem to permanently revert to its previous resolution - when I sign out and sign back in, it's huge again. It's a small frustration, but still something I'd like to fix.

Before...

OneDrive System Tray App Resolution bfb09de6-6152-4c11-9f2e-6ead6d34769f?upload=true.jpg

After...

OneDrive System Tray App Resolution d398c95b-b173-452b-b7d5-cf2f6c105b81?upload=true.jpg

:)

WAFKT, Oct 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    After Creators update, the OneDrive System tray icon disappeared and I can't access settings. File explorer shows folder but not OneDrive Icon.

Hi Andrew,

If OneDrive application doesn't appear on your system tray after performing the steps given above, here's an additional resolution on how to get back your OneDrive icon. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Do update us with the result and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Oct 13, 2018
  4. doylebob Win User

OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi,

Quick update. This fixed it for me:

I suggest you to try resetting OneDrive and check if it helps you in resolving the issue. To do so refer the steps below:

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run
      Window
    • In the Run Window enter the following:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

doylebob, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive System Tray App Resolution - Similar Threads - OneDrive System Tray

2. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  3. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  4. OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer: Windows 10 Home - I've just installed Onedrive on my laptop, but it's not showing up in system tray & won't start from the Start menu, so I don't think it's syncing my files.I uploaded files to it & I can access these files on Onedrive on my Android phone, but I need it to...
  5. OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer

OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer: Windows 10 Home - I've just installed Onedrive on my laptop, but it's not showing up in system tray & won't start from the Start menu, so I don't think it's syncing my files.I uploaded files to it & I can access these files on Onedrive on my Android phone, but I need it to...
  6. OneDrive not in system tray or Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........: Good afternoon, My onedrive icon isn't showing in the system tray by the clock on the task bar. Also, some files have been trying to sync for days and i get some error messages when i try to open files and it states that that file can't be viewed but it is the correct...
  8. System tray apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray apps: Does the inclusion of an app in the system tray affect the amount of usable RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-apps/cc98dce4-a625-4e95-87c6-364c23a3726b
  9. Apps in system tray not launching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps in system tray not launching: I have an Acer Predator laptop model PH315-51 running Windows 10 64-bit (1903). Please bear with me as I explain the background. I'm not sure when this problem started happening, but it could well be early August - because that's when a Windows update broke my Train...
  10. OneDrive ixon missing from system tray

OneDrive ixon missing from system tray: Desktop PC has been powered off for several months. When it was powered up on Sat. the OneDrive icon was missing from th System tray. Starting OneDrive opens the webpage. Opening OneDrive from File Explorer shows very few files. I have reinstalled OneDrive from the store...