Windows 10: OneDrive taking up space and causing problems!

Discus and support OneDrive taking up space and causing problems! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I removed OneDrive 2 years ago but with the last update I've started experiencing issues with OneDrive files that I didn't know were still on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PrisM426, Dec 18, 2020.

1. PrisM426 Win User

OneDrive taking up space and causing problems!

I removed OneDrive 2 years ago but with the last update I've started experiencing issues with OneDrive files that I didn't know were still on my computer. I found a similar issue from 2018 but none of the troubleshooting helped me. I've tried deleting these files individually and entire folders but nothing happens. I hit the try again button over and over and that's all I get, no error msg, nothing! The OneDrive icon and the main file is gone but individual files are hidden in files like System 64, like shown: OneDrive taking up space and causing problems! 0f1a2412-9be9-46ef-ac1c-0186328e1fc1?upload=true.jpg

Can you please tell me how to delete all these files so I can finish my updates?

:)

PrisM426, Dec 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Onedrive is causing a ton of problems

Thank you for your answers!

No there weren't any noticeable changes in my system configuration since the problems has been started (over 2 years ago :/).

I tried all the suggestions in this
    thread
    and a few others including:

• Uninstall OneDrive - reinstall
    • Unlink OneDrive - relink
    • Reinstall whole operation system

I think it might have been something todo with my MS Account, because the OneDrive client on my home PC is also used by my wife and everything works fine there. Strange behavior only appears with my account.

@Grey

My OneDrive is on a separate partition but I have the same problems before as well. The many icons you see are going away when I go over with the mouse pointer, but it shows how often my OneDrive is crashing and restarting.

Performance is even better when I kill the OneDrive and DocumentCache Task in the Task Manager - everything goes back to normal.

BenediktNeuhold, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Onedrive is causing a ton of problems

Hi Benedikt,

For us to better assist you, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when OneDrive crashes?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    You can also check
    Paola Gar
    's post on this
    link
    to help resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive taking up space and causing problems! - Similar Threads - OneDrive taking space

2. Sims taking up Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims taking up Onedrive space: Hi, so I play sims 4 and sims 3 and have quite a bit of custom content. However EA downloads the game to the user folder, resulting in the games and therefore the folders for the mods to download to the Onedrive. I've looked on here and tried to get Onedrive not to sync these...
  3. Sims taking up Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sims taking up Onedrive space: Hi, so I play sims 4 and sims 3 and have quite a bit of custom content. However EA downloads the game to the user folder, resulting in the games and therefore the folders for the mods to download to the Onedrive. I've looked on here and tried to get Onedrive not to sync these...
  4. free up space in onedrive

free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  5. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  6. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  7. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  8. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  9. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. **** is taking up my space

in Windows 10 Customization
    **** is taking up my space: can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it happen here. and if system apps take up a minimum of 65 gigabytes thats disappointing that stuff i dont use takes up that...