Windows 10: OneDrive Temp Folder

Discus and support OneDrive Temp Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveMcConnery, Mar 11, 2020.

1. OneDrive Temp Folder

I have a laptop that has with an SSD C:\ drive of 250 GB and a D:\drive HDD of 1 TB. I am trying to backup my pictures folder which has 239 GB of data to OneDrive but I am unable to. I get a message that "Space required on your C:\ drive: 245 GB", which I don't have. I assume that Onedrive is trying to create a temp folder on the C;\drive to preform the backup. I have 471 GB of free space on the D:\ drive and Onedrive has 640 GB of available space. Is there a way to have Onedrive create the Temp folder on the D: \drive HDD of my laptop?

:)

SteveMcConnery, Mar 11, 2020

2. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Mar 11, 2020
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

I checked another computer that had OneDrive for a number of months and found it also had a OneDrive Temp folder but without any files. Apparently the temp folder is an
    integral part of OneDrive and after all files are synced to the OneDrive folder the temp folder automatically deletes its contents.

BillMcAninch, Mar 11, 2020
  4. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder

I thought I had this fixed. I moved my local OneDrive to another location then deleted both the old OneDrive and the OneDrive Temp. The new local OneDrive began syncing late last night. This morning when I checked,
    the OneDrive Temp is back and is syncing.

G:\Storage\OneDrive (new location) (modified 9/1/2015) (currently 11.7 of 255GB) and growing.

G:\OneDrive Temp (modified 9/2/2015) (currently 6.62 of 255GB) Within this folder is another folder S-1-5-21-3459682553-3355248039-92494815-1000. Inside that folder are about 100+ files and growing with very, very long file names that begin with 9F2BB41D38884688!101
    followed by two similar groups of characters then a final odd group that ends in .temp.

Still need to stop syncing and remove the Temp folder. The temp is doubling the used disk space.

BillMcAninch, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Temp Folder

1. OneDrive Temp Folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive Temp Folder

2. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  3. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  4. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Temp Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp Folder: Is the temp folder self maintaining? If not, what's the best way of maintaining the temp folder without using third party software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/458901a9-3c14-4ea7-822c-b28637611e33
  6. OneDrive Temp Folder

OneDrive Temp Folder: I have a desktop with 512GB of storage, I am syncing my Documents and Pictures folders using OneDrive personal Though OneDrive Business is installed, I don't use it. These take up a total of about 250GB. There is a very large Virtual Hard Disc file called...
  7. Temp Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temp Folder: I am logged in as administrator but in Users there is only a TEMP folder. All of my data is saved in that Temp folder. Where can I find my administrator folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder/fc67fab3-5b30-42c3-a957-2f3c7543c949
  8. %temp% folder

%temp% folder: Can anyone help me? I'm having trouble with the %temp%, whenever I open temp folder through Win+r then typing %temp% it does not direct me to the temp folder. It open a file, and my computer always ask How do you want to open this file? Please help me to fix this problem. All...
  9. Temp folder %temp %

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder %temp %: Hello I recently installed 2 updates from NVIDEA. I have run disc clean up and Ccleaner>Windows but this attachment says it all. I could use 'Unlocker' but do not want to do damage if the file should not be removed. Do you have any suggestions? TY Peter 43679
  10. Lot of folders in Temp folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Lot of folders in Temp folder: Hello, Making some search, found lot of folders here: "C:\users\me\appdat\local\temp..", they use about 7.3 GB. Most of them contain almost same files inside. Attached here screenshot part of the main list of folders, and one of the inside files. How about deleting them to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive temp folder

2. onedrive temp

3. open onedrive temp files

4. onedrivetemp folder,
  5. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. is it possibile to delete onedrivetemp,
  7. what is onedrive temp folder,
  8. delete onedrive temp,
  9. what is the onedrive temp folder,
  10. onedrive folder temp,
  11. onedrivetemp folder with temp file,